2010-11 NFL Football Season

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Wild Arse prediction for next season:
McNabb will play for the Vikings. Mark it down, I said it. :eek:

Oh, and by the way, Giants suck! Go Pack!
Mazer, if you're still with us: Bring it!!! ;)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Wild Arse prediction for next season:
McNabb will play for the Vikings. Mark it down, I said it. :eek:

Oh, and by the way, Giants suck! Go Pack!
Mazer, if you're still with us: Bring it!!! ;)
I'd stick with Tarvaris Jackson at this point. Prior to the Farve debacle, Jackson did get them to the playoffs.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I'd stick with Tarvaris Jackson at this point. Prior to the Farve debacle, Jackson did get them to the playoffs.
Jackson isn't the answer for Minnesota, or any one else for that matter.
I'd look for Minnesota to draft high for a QB, and in the interum, find a seasoned vet willing to teach him for a season or two.

Farve was an A-hole as far as tutoring his back-ups. I recall a quote from him regarding Rodgers: "It's not my job to teach him".

Really???

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I'd look for Minnesota to draft high for a QB, and in the interum, find a seasoned vet willing to teach him for a season or two.

Farve was an A-hole as far as tutoring his back-ups. I recall a quote from him regarding Rodgers: "It's not my job to teach him".

Really???
I agree. Andrew Luck in Minnesota would be the match made in heaven. A perfect situation for both. Never would happen though. I wouldn't bank on any high first round pick QB other than him. Jackson is an adequate piece in the meantime. I would rather have him over an old and overpriced McNabb.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja

Really???
Maybe that wasn't a bad thing:D.

I agree. Andrew Luck in Minnesota would be the match made in heaven. A perfect situation for both. Never would happen though. I wouldn't bank on any high first round pick QB other than him. Jackson is an adequate piece in the meantime. I would rather have him over an old and overpriced McNabb.
Ah...I thing your wrong about Andrew Luck going #1...because there is a guy named Newton, playing at Auburn, winner of the Heisman award and likely winner of the National championship who'll go #1...;). I think Ryan Mallet(I hope they beat Ohio St in the sugar bowl)will also be in the mix so that makes 3 QB's who'll be 1st rounders....IMO.

Last edited:
L

lennon_68

Enthusiast

Really???
+1 T. Jack has had flashes of brilliance but did you guys see the game against the Giants where he started... It wasn't pretty. He had that rookie Deer in the Headlights look all over again.

I'm with Nomo on this one, I bet they bring in McNabb. Probably draft a QB early on the second day again as a project guy or something. I don't see them drafting a QB high but who knows? it always seems like such a waste to draft a QB that high, you end up paying him bajillions of $$ whether he ends up being any good or not.

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic
McNabb is a fat, lazy, out of shape has been. Heck he has always had conditioning issues even when he was younger. Remember the superbowl where TO showed up with a broken leg and played his *** off but they lost because McNabb was sucking wind in the 4th quarter? They ran TO out of town and the press jumped on him for being decisive, but he was 100% correct about Donovan. It took Reid way too long to figure it out, but shanny saw it in half a season. You would think the other 30 teams would know better by now.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe that wasn't a bad thing:D.

Ah...I thing your wrong about Andrew Luck going #1...because there is a guy named Newton, playing at Auburn, winner of the Heisman award and likely winner of the National championship who'll go #1...;). I think Ryan Mallet(I hope they beat Ohio St in the sugar bowl)will also be in the mix so that makes 3 QB's who'll be 1st rounders....IMO.
Luck and Mallet will be the first 2 QBs taken. Locker might be the next and then Newton.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
McNabb is a fat, lazy, out of shape has been. Heck he has always had conditioning issues even when he was younger. Remember the superbowl where TO showed up with a broken leg and played his *** off but they lost because McNabb was sucking wind in the 4th quarter? They ran TO out of town and the press jumped on him for being decisive, but he was 100% correct about Donovan. It took Reid way too long to figure it out, but shanny saw it in half a season. You would think the other 30 teams would know better by now.
McNabb was great QB in his prime, but he had no receivers worth mentioning. He's definitely faded though.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
McNabb was great QB in his prime, but he had no receivers worth mentioning. He's definitely faded though.
I have never been a McNap fan through his whole tenure here but I will say this, he will latch on to a team at a crossroad @ QB and probably give them some excitement for a year or two, a reason to watch and fill the stands but he surely lost the ability to take them to the promised land, if he ever had it to begin with, all in all the guy is not a total D-Bag but being a mommas boy in the NFL just won't mesh well, except for Peyton and Eli.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Donovan was a pro bowl QB that played his heart out , in or out of shape, never a complete D-Bag with the media and pretty much liked by his fellow players, what shanny saw in his half season was the remnants of a very good quality player that really did not fit in with their scheme of things, D-Nap will play a few more years with somewhat higher than average outcomes. I think a lot of people forget that the hardest thing with his signing in Washington was his location still right under the scrutiny of Philly in the same division even , very hard for any QB to adjust. Let him go west and I bet he will do just fine for a while maybe two or three years, he would be a nice fit in Arizona

L

lennon_68

Enthusiast
I have a lot of respect for McNabb too. Even with all the crap the fans in Philly put him through he still went out there and played his heart out. Part of me thinks he'd be a good fit for the Vikings but the other part is telling me he may just be washed up.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I have a lot of respect for McNabb too. Even with all the crap the fans in Philly put him through he still went out there and played his heart out. Part of me thinks he'd be a good fit for the Vikings but the other part is telling me he may just be washed up.
What "CRAP", he was cheered very favourably in Philly , I have been a season ticket holder for twenty plus years and I can personally assure you and any other nay sayers that D McNabb was treated as well if not better than any other pro athlete in any other major city. Please don't jump on the media hype bandwagon pertaining to Philly Fans, it is all mostly false.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Donovan was a pro bowl QB that played his heart out , in or out of shape, never a complete D-Bag with the media and pretty much liked by his fellow players, what shanny saw in his half season was the remnants of a very good quality player that really did not fit in with their scheme of things, D-Nap will play a few more years with somewhat higher than average outcomes. I think a lot of people forget that the hardest thing with his signing in Washington was his location still right under the scrutiny of Philly in the same division even , very hard for any QB to adjust. Let him go west and I bet he will do just fine for a while maybe two or three years, he would be a nice fit in Arizona
Arizona is growing a young QB already I don't see them getting McNabb. Minnesota is the most likely choice.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Wow SD choked to the Bengals. :rolleyes: I think Darien deserves answers.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I'd like to see the Vikes go after Kevin Kolb. It looks like Vick is gonna be the man in Philly, making Kolbs big contract dead weight. But he's a very talented QB, probably a future Pro Bowler. He'd be a great fit for the Vikings.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'd like to see the Vikes go after Kevin Kolb. It looks like Vick is gonna be the man in Philly, making Kolbs big contract dead weight. But he's a very talented QB, probably a future Pro Bowler. He'd be a great fit for the Vikings.
I do not agree. I think Kolb is a great backup, but I just do not buy him being a great starter. It may be worth the risk though.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I do not agree. I think Kolb is a great backup, but I just do not buy him being a great starter. It may be worth the risk though.
I truly dont think Kolb would be any less quality QB than Romo is ( and he is a starter ) at their respective stages in their careers actually I think they would be somewhat equal in their abilities.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis