2 preamps required if Bi Amping?

E

Eworld

Audiophyte
I am currently using 2 Hafler DH220's connected via a line level converter to my Onkyo 604; one amp for the R and the other for the L front main channels. I want to be able to adjust the output levels on the Haflers. Would I have to get 2 pre amps? If yes, please recommend connection setup.

Thanks!

E

Eworld

Audiophyte
Wow!
Thanks for all the help! This must be a question you don't ask.
I'll ask on another site.:mad::(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry, Eworld. I was waiting to see if someone more knowledgeable chipped in.

Let me see if I can help. First, I'd like to understand this. Your amps are two-channel amps, correct? Right now, though, you just have one channel from each running one of your front speakers?

I think that you're wanting to split the signal for each speaker into two lines so that you can connect (for each speaker) a line-level input into both channels on each amp and then bi-amp each front speaker.

Am I understanding this correctly?

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Wow!
Gosh, we were firing up the site lear jet to send the team of technicians to help solve your dilemma. I can see you are a busy man and demand immediate results when you snap your fingers!
Firstly, what info have you garnered in your research on the internet regarding biamping? When you used the search engine on this site and read the 82 threads with 5000 messages regarding the biamp issue, you didn't find an answer to your question?
Secondly, I found your second post rude and offensive. Most new posters show some humility and respect when they are asking someone to take time out to offer free advice. It is a National Holiday Weekend, right?

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
1 pre-amp or receiver w/pre-outs and a couple of Y-adapters.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Wow!

WOW, 17 hrs and you are offended???:mad::(

Instant juice comes from TANG, if you are in such a hurry.

E

Eworld

Audiophyte
Gosh, we were firing up the site lear jet to send the team of technicians to help solve your dilemma. I can see you are a busy man and demand immediate results when you snap your fingers!
Firstly, what info have you garnered in your research on the internet regarding biamping? When you used the search engine on this site and read the 82 threads with 5000 messages regarding the biamp issue, you didn't find an answer to your question?
Secondly, I found your second post rude and offensive. Most new posters show some humility and respect when they are asking someone to take time out to offer free advice. It is a National Holiday Weekend, right?
If you had READ the post you would have ascertained its intent. The question was wether or not two (2) preamps would be required to control each of the haflers which are driving one channel...ie one amp for the R and one for the L (Biamped)...they are all ready Biamped.

Granted, my own response to my first post could have seemed a tad "anxious" to the uninitiated, it nonetheless served it's purpose.

Your overreaction to it is indeed juvenile. And I fart in your general direction! Get Over YOURSELF. FIB.

Regards!

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
If you read my signature you will see that I am vertically biamping my mordaunt shorts. I found about twenty diagrams on line.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
what's FIB? snap snap!

answer people!

why didn't you answer before I clicked post!

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
What internet forums need is far fewer people like this. Maybe he'll go away and spend his time looking at himself in the mirror.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
And, what was that purpose?

Granted, my own response to my first post could have seemed a tad "anxious" to the uninitiated, it nonetheless served it's purpose.
To piss off and alienate virtually everyone on this site?

Well then, I guess you succeeded.

Face it. kid. Some of us have lives outside of here. We might even have famlies and (real, not virtual) friends we might want to spend some time with, particularly on the last three-day weekend of the summer.

Perhaps that "other site" will offer the relief you need. If not, try Preperation H.

FWIW, as long as you want all four channels (or at least the R/L channels) at the same level, that Y adaptor will work fine. If you find you need to adjust the high/low balance as some find necessary, you're boned.

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Wow!
Sorry, there aren't as many of us to answer questions as we would like.

Should you come back all you need is to get y-adapters for the line level converter. You need two y-adapters that are one male to dual female.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis