1080P HDMI cables???

P

Panjsheri

Audioholic
Hey Guys,

I was just curious if the HDMI cables that are advertised as being 1080P capable are really 1080P capable or if it is just an advertising thing. Isn't 1080P reliant on the source and obviously the TV? I know some are made better then others and I have some pretty good cables all the best quality ones but none of them say 1080P compatible on it like Monster does.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
This should answer all your questions.

Hey Guys,

I was just curious if the HDMI cables that are advertised as being 1080P capable are really 1080P capable or if it is just an advertising thing. Isn't 1080P reliant on the source and obviously the TV? I know some are made better then others and I have some pretty good cables all the best quality ones but none of them say 1080P compatible on it like Monster does.

P

Panjsheri

Audioholic
Perfect:D that is exactly what I thought because I remember reading this article once before but just wanted to make sure cause I will be mounting the TV this weekend and I dont remember the "1080P Certification" on any of my cables even though I spent good money on my cables. Thanks for getting that burden off my shoulders:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I use the BJC Belden Series-F2's. The only handshake issue I have ever had was with the HDMI cable that came with my DirecTV box. The BJC fixed it right up.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
It's kind of like in the movie Days of Thunder, when Bob Duvall tells Tom Cruise he can pass on the outside because he put some "special tires" on the car.

Monster uses some "special" wire in there to make it 1080P.;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Perfect:D that is exactly what I thought because I remember reading this article once before but just wanted to make sure cause I will be mounting the TV this weekend and I dont remember the "1080P Certification" on any of my cables even though I spent good money on my cables. Thanks for getting that burden off my shoulders:D
May want to read this test on HDMI cables here at AH.
Perhaps, if not too late, you may be able to exchange your wires as it sounds like you may have over paid for them?

http://www.audioholics.com/education/cables/long-hdmi-cable-bench-tests

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I realize that Monster & Bose bashing threads are tiring but they sure don't take any breaks from ripping people off. Next it'll be 1080p speaker wire.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I realize that Monster & Bose bashing threads are tiring but they sure don't take any breaks from ripping people off. Next it'll be 1080p speaker wire.
Now why do you have to give them great ideas:D They do well on their own, too well. :D

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
One may need such a speaker wire to work with a speaker like Def Tech. They use "High Definition crossovers", and "High Definition drivers".:rolleyes:

Taken from the DT site:
http://www.definitivetech.com/loudspeakers/supertower/supertower.html
All our new 7000 Series Bipolar SuperTowers feature:

New Revolutionary Bipolar Driver Arrays
New SuperCube Technology High-Power Subs
New High-Definition Crossovers with Zobel Networks
New Dual Pressure-Driven Infrasonic Radiators
New High-Power Digital High-Current Sub Amps
BP7000SC: 1800 Watts, BP7001SC: 1500 Watts
BP7002, BP7004, BP7006: 300 Watts
New Powerful High-Pressure Subwoofer Drivers with Finite-Element-Optimized Magnet Structures
New DTARF-Optimized Driver Voicing
New High-Definition Drivers with Magnetic Shielding
New Wide-Dispersion Driver Topology
New Accelerometer-Optimized Cabinets
New Beautifully Sculptured Designer Styling

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm gonna tell ADTG you said that. :D

-or-

Throw your HD speaker wire away. 1080p wire gets every electron there on time. :D

-I just couldn't decide which way to go with this post.-:)

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I'm gonna tell ADTG you said that. :D

-or-

Throw your HD speaker wire away. 1080p wire gets every electron there on time. :D

-I just couldn't decide which way to go with this post.-:)
To be fair, you made the first statement, and DT printed the second. I just connected the dots.;)

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Now if D.T. said they were wiring the speaks with Nordost Valhalla wire.......THEN I'd be impressed.

P

Panjsheri

Audioholic
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis