$10 000 000 stuff up!!

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
im in NewZealand, yesterday the news stated a bank here, Westpac, had accidentally gave a man a 10 million dollar overdraft instead of 100,000 he had applied for. the man has now fled the country after managing to withdraw 6.8 million. 2.8 million was recovered but the rest is gone , as is the man and his partner.:D:D Amazing!!

J

jamie2112

Banned
It was me I did it now I am buying a really stupid system......I am gonna have Wilson watts in my bathroom with Levinson pre's and Krell amps...thats just the small bathroom too.......

DTS-HD MA

DTS-HD MA

Junior Audioholic
im in NewZealand, yesterday the news stated a bank here, Westpac, had accidentally gave a man a 10 million dollar overdraft instead of 100,000 he had applied for. the man has now fled the country after managing to withdraw 6.8 million. 2.8 million was recovered but the rest is gone , as is the man and his partner.:D:D Amazing!!
Wow! Now that's what I call a true bailout..RUN FORREST..lol:D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
How in the heck does he cart around 6 million dollars?I know us holics would surely find a way,no problem, but an average guy like him, hows he do it cant take six miil. on a plane ride they would detect under a scan.I guess is going by boat. ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The guy stole from other people...all those people who had their money invested in that bank. I hope that he gets caught.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I wonder what the bounty on that guys head is. If someone stole 6.8 mil from me, I'd offer 1.5 million bounty for him. That'd have him on my doorstep in probably 48 hours. Unless his name was Osama bin Laden, but that's another story for a different time.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
The guy stole from other people...all those people who had their money invested in that bank. I hope that he gets caught.
You are so right but the bank was probably insured against such thefts and the insurance company is here in the USA so when we get done giving said company our bailout monies they can pay off that bank so that they can in turn give our money to their peoples ,sounds about right.Hey we are already sinking so lets just bash another hole in it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder what the bounty on that guys head is. If someone stole 6.8 mil from me, I'd offer 1.5 million bounty for him. That'd have him on my doorstep in probably 48 hours. Unless his name was Osama bin Laden, but that's another story for a different time.
Solid point. In regards to Osama, I think that we took the wrong approach. We shouldn't have offered money. We should have promised them something like 73 virgins when they died, or maybe 72 virgins and one super whore. Heck, it's all fictitious, so we should have said that they'd get their 72 plus Osama's 72. :)

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Hmmm if I got away with 6.8 mil, I know that there are many non extridition countries that have swanky beach houses. I just wonder what idiot actually authorized this 10 million snafu and approved it. I mean I try and cash a check over 3,000 and there are three people at my bank who go over everything from the teller, their supervisor and branch manager. This bank sounds like one idiot (who is now without job) just whistling a happy tune is like "Duh, okay, ten million no problem, would you like that in hundreds or a cashiers check." You know at my bank, they accidently gave me .29 cents too much and by the time I drove home, there was a message on my machine telling me about the mistake and that they were going to transfer that 29 cents from my savings to cover the change. I live 2 miles from my bank.

Mental note avoid banks in New Zealand.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Hmmm if I got away with 6.8 mil, I know that there are many non extridition countries that have swanky beach houses. I just wonder what idiot actually authorized this 10 million snafu and approved it. I mean I try and cash a check over 3,000 and there are three people at my bank who go over everything from the teller, their supervisor and branch manager. This bank sounds like one idiot (who is now without job) just whistling a happy tune is like "Duh, okay, ten million no problem, would you like that in hundreds or a cashiers check." You know at my bank, they accidently gave me .29 cents too much and by the time I drove home, there was a message on my machine telling me about the mistake and that they were going to transfer that 29 cents from my savings to cover the change. I live 2 miles from my bank.

Mental note avoid banks in New Zealand.
That is truly ridiculous! I know it's only 29 cents, but it wasn't YOUR fault that you were given an extra 29 cents... they should have no right to take that money from your account... it was THEIR mistake, let THEM pay for it.

I would have been a hootin' and a hollerin' if my bank did that to me. It's them pretty much saying, "Heh... we do what we want with your money. Nyah nyah."

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That is truly ridiculous!
I see it another way. They realized the mistake, corrected it, and gave a courtesy call so that he would know why there was a 29 cent transaction on his record. People that work at banks are still people. I worked at a bank. Okay, some would argue that I'm a robot, but my point stands. :)

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I see it another way. They realized the mistake, corrected it, and gave a courtesy call so that he would know why there was a 29 cent transaction on his record. People that work at banks are still people. I worked at a bank. Okay, some would argue that I'm a robot, but my point stands. :)
It just doesn't make sense to me...

Okay, I go into a bank... I want to withdraw 278 dollars from my account.

I give the teller the slip that indicates my name, my bank account number, and the exact amount of money that I wish to receive from my account.

The tellers gives me my money, and I leave.

I get home, only to realize that there is 280 dollars in my pocket. I didn't ask for the money... nor was I the one responsible for the two extra dollars. My transaction slip indicated a 278 withdrawl... it is obviously the tellers fault.

If they were to call me and say that they took two dollars from my account, because of the extra money that was given to me... I would be furious! I didn't write a slip stating that I want 2 dollars taken from my account... I didn't authorize it! I would gladly give them the two dollars back... but to just take the money out of my account - because the teller made a mistake?! It's not MY responsibility to cover someone else's mistake... especially in regards to your bank account. I would think it's the exact reason that they count out the money right in front of you - to insure that these mistakes don't happen. But if they do... it's not my problem, it's the banks problem.

It may seem a little jerk-ish, but if they can just decide to withdraw 29 cents from someones account because the teller gave out too much change, that just seems wrong to me. They should have either left a message and told him to call back and authorize the transaction, or asked him to return with the 29 cents.

I guess I just don't like the idea of people messing around with my money... :D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Its all freakin BS I dont give two shits what anyone says Bull **** no one cashes a six and a half million dollar check that easy No WAY No HOW !! B.S. all the way to the bank...

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I didn't care all that much, I mean when she handed me my cash and then the change, I never even paid attention, she handed me like 4 20's some 10's a couple ones then said and here's 56 cents and just poured the change into my hands (I never care to count the change cause it just doesnt matter to me) I mean I'm glad they caught the error and I am glad they called to inform. But my point was that in the five minutes it took me to get home, they not only realized they gave me 29 cents too much, but corrected the error and then called me about it. This guy gets away with 10 million has time to withdraw 6.8 before disappearing. I'm like heck my bank was on me like white on rice with 29 cents. The New Zealand Bank was very laize-farre with 10 million.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I didn't care all that much, I mean when she handed me my cash and then the change, I never even paid attention, she handed me like 4 20's some 10's a couple ones then said and here's 56 cents and just poured the change into my hands (I never care to count the change cause it just doesnt matter to me) I mean I'm glad they caught the error and I am glad they called to inform. But my point was that in the five minutes it took me to get home, they not only realized they gave me 29 cents too much, but corrected the error and then called me about it. This guy gets away with 10 million has time to withdraw 6.8 before disappearing. I'm like heck my bank was on me like white on rice with 29 cents. The New Zealand Bank was very laize-farre with 10 million.
Yeah, sorry... I easily ramble :p

Adam's a robot?

-- and it is quite nuts that they threw around 10 mill so casually :rolleyes::p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis