07.22.11 terror attack

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Very special day in Norway today …

Today it is 10 years since the insane terror attack in Oslo where 77 people were killed, 69 of them were just executed to death, most off them teenagers…. Their crime was that they were part of a political party. Everyone seem to know someone affected, very very sad!

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I fear it's only a matter of time before a similar thing happens in the USA, a high-casualty mass shooting with politically reactionary motivations.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Every year, there is a full day coverage on this day, we honor the victims.... the names of all the victims are read out loud.... and all of this is covered on national TV. Norway comes to a complete stop, and we all greave... The cruelty is beyond anything I can remember :(

It is impossible not to become very very sad, especially thinking that those who were killed were mainly 14 to 17 years old, very nice girls and boys!

What we learned in Norway is that we look after eachother more, there is much more of people caring for eachother :)

I guess US is on a very very dangerous path, and I share that fright of something going very wrong in US.
The police´s worst fears over here are with the far right extremists that turn to extreme violence, there are still these forces out here and I am sure in US too. If there should possibly be something going very bad in US, it does not only affect US but all of us!

Just before the attack, the Norwegian terrorist was getting onto FBI watch list so if police were collaborating even better on a global level, maybe something could have been different.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I fear it's only a matter of time before a similar thing happens in the USA, a high-casualty mass shooting with politically reactionary motivations.
We haven't already?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Every year, there is a full day coverage on this day, we honor the victims.... the names of all the victims are read out loud.... and all of this is covered on national TV. Norway comes to a complete stop, and we all greave... The cruelty is beyond anything I can remember :(

It is impossible not to become very very sad, especially thinking that those who were killed were mainly 14 to 17 years old, very nice girls and boys!

What we learned in Norway is that we look after eachother more, there is much more of people caring for eachother :)

I guess US is on a very very dangerous path, and I share that fright of something going very wrong in US.
The police´s worst fears over here are with the far right extremists that turn to extreme violence, there are still these forces out here and I am sure in US too. If there should possibly be something going very bad in US, it does not only affect US but all of us!

Just before the attack, the Norwegian terrorist was getting onto FBI watch list so if police were collaborating even better on a global level, maybe something could have been different.
Where have you been? I haven't seen your posts in a long time.

I think that most of the media show of the conflict between people in the US is their narrative, not reality. If it were as bad as they say, why don't we see attacks happening constantly, as people walk down the street? Yes, we have attacks, but it's not as bad as the news reports. They don't show the millions of daily interactions between different people on a daily basis, nor will they- it wouldn't help their ratings and they wouldn't rake in billions of dollars in advertising revenue. If they would shut up for a week, I think the World would be a better place.

I hate any incident of that kind......it's absolutely unnecessary and unfathomable.

One question I would ask is:
Why didn't the FBI get the info sooner, whether from Norwegian intelligence, or Interpol?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Where have you been? I haven't seen your posts in a long time.

I think that most of the media show of the conflict between people in the US is their narrative, not reality. If it were as bad as they say, why don't we see attacks happening constantly, as people walk down the street? Yes, we have attacks, but it's not as bad as the news reports. They don't show the millions of daily interactions between different people on a daily basis, nor will they- it wouldn't help their ratings and they wouldn't rake in billions of dollars in advertising revenue. If they would shut up for a week, I think the World would be a better place.

I hate any incident of that kind......it's absolutely unnecessary and unfathomable.

One question I would ask is:
Why didn't the FBI get the info sooner, whether from Norwegian intelligence, or Interpol?
I have been away ... mostly working my way through Norwegian forums, will try to get back now :)

About the conflicts.... well good news don´t sell well, while bad news is loved by media, yeah media doesn´t do anything to preserve or promote positive interaction do they o_O

That attack in Norway exceeds every possible limit of what we thought were possible....
- One day I look out through the living room window and see the most peacful country there is
- The next day I look out through the same window and see death, blood, unbelievable horror

I do have at hand the full official government report about the 07.22 attack. The full report is almost 500 pages so I did not read yet..... There are some tough lessons summing up here:
(What I am writing her is not my opionion but a translation of some of the main points from the govenment report
The last point I believe is lack of following up info from FBI and subsequently Interpol)
- The attack could have been avoided if agreed security measures were applied
- Govenment agencies completely failed to protect victims, the terrorist could have been stopped much earlier
- Police failed to react in a timely manner
- Several additional security measures should have been applied on 07.22
- Norwewgian Police Security Service would have been able to track the terrorist before 07.22 if they had better methodologies and better focus.

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I am quite often in touch with a dear friend that I worked with those days .... his 16 year old niece was killed, shot dead in thee water trying to swim to safety... a very beautiful young girl with life ahead of her. I am brought to tears every time I think of it :(

Sorry I don´t feel like being nice and friendly facing these things, the best thing to do is to tear the arms off this guy and throw him to the vultures, even that is far from being enough!

This is the first time for decades people in Norway was shouting for death penalty!
In jail he muist be protected from others so the other inmates do not kill him!

SORRY about the rant guys!

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ranting here in this subforum works just fine....better than the reasons that the rant addrsses in most cases anyways....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis