Marantz 6003 vs 7002 vs Yamaha V1900

B

blue star

Enthusiast
thank you

i think that i should say thank you for helping me out so much
i will take a look at both the subs and see if the klpisch is worth the extra money. as of now i am leaning towards the boston sub
will keep u updated
thank you

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Auditioning a sub is the same as speakers, it's the first rule for a proper choice.

i think that i should say thank you for helping me out so much
i will take a look at both the subs and see if the klpisch is worth the extra money. as of now i am leaning towards the boston sub
will keep u updated
thank you
Cool man, keep us posted. :cool:

And like I said, from my research, I don't think the Klipsch is justifiable by costing more. That's why, for your area (SVS & HSU being not avail), I suggest you to go with the Boston Acoustics HPS10HOMIST subwoofer.
But, try to give them both a listen, and you'll know best which one is the one for you. :)

Bob

B

blue star

Enthusiast
thank you

hi bob
i just bought the marantz sr6003 and boston hps10ho
thank you for helping out and making my decision easy

i just got a very good deal on the quad 22l so i am thinking of buying those for instead of 11l2 for music

and for the home theatre am buying the jamo d6 as i mentioned earlier now the only one confusion i have is the surround speakers .

i am thinking of the wharfedale diamond 8 dfs(bipole) instead of the jamo d6(dipole) . will save 350-400$ if i do this but at the same time i dont want to compromise on the entire setup. what do u suggest? will i be able to tell the difference between the two? will they integrate as good as the d6 surround ? will there be a noticeable difference when i am listing to 5.1 dvd and 5.1 music dvd?

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Front & Rear = Same brand for best Harmony.

hi bob
i just bought the marantz sr6003 and boston hps10ho
thank you for helping out and making my decision easy

i just got a very good deal on the quad 22l so i am thinking of buying those for instead of 11l2 for music

and for the home theatre am buying the jamo d6 as i mentioned earlier now the only one confusion i have is the surround speakers .

i am thinking of the wharfedale diamond 8 dfs(bipole) instead of the jamo d6(dipole) . will save 350-400$ if i do this but at the same time i dont want to compromise on the entire setup. what do u suggest? will i be able to tell the difference between the two? will they integrate as good as the d6 surround ? will there be a noticeable difference when i am listing to 5.1 dvd and 5.1 music dvd?
Hi blue star,

Congratulations! This is great news indeed. :)

As for your surround speakers, just get the same brand as your front mains, as they will match best and integrate in a full surround immersion.
Very, very simple. :)

Keep in touch, from when you're all set and experiencing full blast movies and music. ;)
I really like to know your full impressions.

And say Hi to everyone in India from me. I hope to go visit one day.
Very enigmatic country full of mystery, I feel very attracted by it all.

Bob

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Sorry if some are tired of my query but I'm looking for a receiver that will 'stand the test of time'.
Given that primary enjoyment is from 2 channel CD music and the receiver will be coupled to Paradigm speakers (maybe a little laid-back I guess), which of these receivers would be the best choice, ignoring that the Yamaha V1900 is more expensive?
Not overly worried about video upscalling as I would buy new input components to suit.
Ultimately I guess that this purchase will be my last receiver/amp so should last 10 years (hoping for more but one never knows).
Right now my Denon 5.1 1404 receiver delivers good sound but, coupled with the Paradigms, might be a little too 'easy going' :)
The Paradigms are superb at vocals with the Denon but the upper and lower reaches might be somewhat subdued.
Any help/suggestions appreciated.
BTW, where I am, audtioning is an impossibility, especially with components from different agents :(
I have the older Yamaha RX_V1800 model driving a full suite of PSB Image series speakers whose nominal impedance is 6 ohms but their sensitivity is sitting around 92db. It serves me as both my music and HT powerhouse. I"ve two DVD players attached to it as well as a Sony playstation, a casette deck, and VCR (which I'm about to toss on my next eminnet move) and ProJect Xpression II turntable. This receiver has a shipload of inputs, and outputs. Its real life power output is impressive and my ears have given out long before the speakers or this receiver has. My runs "cool" but I do have it am a cabinet with an open back and there's about 5" of clearance from the top. No side ventilation though as this beast just squeaks into the cabinet. Yamaha products have demonstarted over many many years,bullet proof reliability. They hold the market share in receivers and yet have the lowest complaints made about them in this or a few other forums I take part in.

All teh receivers you have listed are solid choices. I giess its just what feature set fits you best is what you'll end up buying. :) Good luck.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Hi 3db, I got a surprise for you.

I have the older Yamaha RX_V1800 model driving a full suite of PSB Image series speakers whose nominal impedance is 6 ohms but their sensitivity is sitting around 92db. It serves me as both my music and HT powerhouse. I"ve two DVD players attached to it as well as a Sony playstation, a casette deck, and VCR (which I'm about to toss on my next eminnet move) and ProJect Xpression II turntable. This receiver has a shipload of inputs, and outputs. Its real life power output is impressive and my ears have given out long before the speakers or this receiver has. My runs "cool" but I do have it am a cabinet with an open back and there's about 5" of clearance from the top. No side ventilation though as this beast just squeaks into the cabinet. Yamaha products have demonstarted over many many years,bullet proof reliability. They hold the market share in receivers and yet have the lowest complaints made about them in this or a few other forums I take part in.
Hey 3db, would you like to see pictures of the inside and outside of your Yamaha RX-V1800
(with a review in German :eek:)? I thought so. :)

It is in the thread called: "GUTZ! Post your favorite amplifier and receiver innards."
Go to page 3 and post #23.

Here's te direct link: http://www.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56545&page=3
* Just scroll down couple posts, and click on the link from post #23.

Bob

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey 3db, would you like to see pictures of the inside and outside of your Yamaha RX-V1800
(with a review in German :eek:)? I thought so. :)

It is in the thread called: "GUTZ! Post your favorite amplifier and receiver innards."
Go to page 3 and post #23.

Here's te direct link: http://www.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56545&page=3
* Just scroll down couple posts, and click on the link from post #23.

Bob
Hey Bob

I need to brush up on my German. I like the fact that this site takes the time to open the receivers and take a peek inside.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Hey Bob

I need to brush up on my German. I like the fact that this site takes the time to open the receivers and take a peek inside.
Yeah, these people (Area DVD) take great pictures with very good close-up and clarity.
* Just use Google help translator. If you don't know how, just ask Seth=L.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis