mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
Killer set up(s), I think it's funny how many of us have a "main" system and a "gaming" system.
Your mom must love those carpet spikes on your towers in the main room lol :eek:.
Lol the polk spikes are "rounded" plastic ones and I didn't put the ones on the RC-70s. They stand on their base right now.

I'll go take some pics of the updated basement setup right now.

BTW, this is not my "gaming" setup. I use it for everything. The only hiccup is that I don't have enough space in my bedroom so my mains are B-ing in the basement :p I'll get my first appartment later this year so I'll get the space to put it all together... can't wait. I'm just waiting the confirmation for my new job and then when everyting is stable I'll look for a new home for me and my system ... ah! and the girlfriend too! lol

Last edited:
mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
I now took 3 pics of the updated basement setup. Basically I just added the RC-70s from Energy and the RC-R (bi-polar surrounds) in the back (not shown in the pics).

Cozy lighting:

Same pic with flash so you can somewhat see the nice rosenut finish:

Another angle:

That one was on christmas eve, just after the installation. You can still see the infamous home depot wires laying on the ground :p

Last edited:
F

Fancypants

Audioholic Intern
Are you still interested in selling the basement set-up, I have a friend that may be interested in the polk's and the sub.

Let me know, thanks.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
LOL, so why is the center channel in your room and the towers in the basement? Awesome stuff btw, keep-um comin.:)

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
LOL, so why is the center channel in your room and the towers in the basement? Awesome stuff btw, keep-um comin.:)
If you could find a spot to put my speakers in that 13x13 room, then I would take 'em upstairs! :p

I'm dying to listen to my RC-70s. It's on the basement system and my mom watches tv on it all the time. can't wait to know in which city I'll be working so I get to move into an appartment to enjoy my babies.

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
Just to give you an idea, I made a 3D model of my room and gear (still missing the receiver, PS3 and cable box cuz I was too lazy). Took me about 10 hours to make that up verctor by verctor, every model. Ok it's boxy but I paid close attention to details so it looks real. I also took the time to measure everything so it's all precisely scaled (quarter-of-an-inch-ish).

** Made with Google Sketchup 6

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
That's a very good mock-up of your room. I understand you can't fit them in that room. I guess I wasn't thinking. You should have plenty room when you move to a new place though of course.:)

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
Nothing much to brag about but I just changed my C-100 bookshelves for RC-10s. The difference is pretty big to me. Very good upgrade. I'll take pics a little later.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
daym! you sketchup good! though i didn't notice at first that was a bed ... those tempur pillows? :)

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
daym! you sketchup good! though i didn't notice at first that was a bed ... those tempur pillows? :)
You are being very disrespectful sir. Those were carved in stone by my dead grandfather :eek: lol

Seriously though, it is very hard to do rounded edges when you only have 10 mins of training with the software :cool:

Mr.M-500t

Mr.M-500t

Enthusiast
One of these days I'll have a nice room where I can set up a dedicated system with my computer. I've been listening to allot of my old favorites on the web and I sure would love to here them on a good system before I make the decision to Buy & Burn. Very nice set-up mouettus.:cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis