Audioholics Ultimate Subwoofer Shootout Planned

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Only 4 subs in this Shootout

We found some design issues with the Salk and an amp issue with the RBH sub so neither will be in this shootout. We will review the RBH sub next year as a dedicated review and update the data in the pending shootout with its data and all subs data that we test using CEA methodology.

The Shootout Measurement Primer will be posted by this coming Tuesday for you guys to dine on during the XMAS holiday.

We have some other hot reviews (non sub related) posting in the next couple of weeks so sit tight.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Wait so there's only gonna be 4 subs in the article?

At least the hsual svspects won't get shafted

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
HSU VTF-15H
Rythmik FV15HP
Funkywaves FW12.X SA1000
SVS PB12-Plus

Still not a bad line-up and reading the methodology alone should be pretty educational!

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Strictly from a Canadian perspective I know who I'll be pulling for..:D. Hey...the fact you still have 3 of the largest sub manufacturer represented in this shootout will still give this review all the credence it needs...IMO... can't wait...:).

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
....We have some other hot reviews (non sub related) posting in the next couple of weeks so sit tight.
That's easy for you to say. You probably have seat belts on your chairs;):D

L

lennon_68

Enthusiast
Wait so there's only gonna be 4 subs in the article?

At least the hsual svspects won't get shafted
lol good one! I'm quite looking forward to seeing how the Funky Waves build stacks up against the others.

P

pbmpharmacist

Audioholic Intern
Can't wait for the results! Hopefully the results show that the HSU VTF-15H is the best sub ever (I bought it anyway, but a little pro validation would be nice!).

M

Mjaudio

Audiophyte
This should be fun.

Will a new thread be started for the shootout or will the results be posted here?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Update

The measurement protocol will be published tomorrow, not the actual measurement results. Those should start coming in after the holidays as individual reviews of each product and then a shootout summary of results article.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
The measurement protocol will be published tomorrow, not the actual measurement results. Those should start coming in after the holidays as individual reviews of each product and then a shootout summary of results article.
Audio-tease! :p

O

obsi

Enthusiast
You have to consider, that while the prices may be similar, this product is aimed at people whose home theaters aren't 90 feet in the air. ;)
Well, my other HT is 280ft in the air, maybe i should move my EP500 back up there :D

O

obsi

Enthusiast
(yes, i was stirring the pot in a pm)

note i told him i was ALREADY an axiom customer from the getgo and that i wanted to understand the product i had (EP500).
Don't forget to add some bat claws, frog eyelids, and platypus tail in the cauldron. Stir away heeheehee! :D

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
We found some design issues with the Salk and an amp issue with the RBH sub so neither will be in this shootout. We will review the RBH sub next year as a dedicated review and update the data in the pending shootout with its data and all subs data that we test using CEA methodology.

The Shootout Measurement Primer will be posted by this coming Tuesday for you guys to dine on during the XMAS holiday.

We have some other hot reviews (non sub related) posting in the next couple of weeks so sit tight.
Can you expand on what you mean by the Salk having a design issue? I take it that one of the criteria was that the vendor was responsible for all s/h costs to and from, yes?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
All;

I am the last in my family to get strucken by a nasty stomach virus today hence why I did not post the article. Hopefully tomorrow.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis