Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Word. If her name isn't on the lease...bye, bye.
That's where I had a mistake, her name is on the lease, but not from 06.01....
feel foolish now.....

A new lease from 06.01 without her name....

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
That's where I had a mistake, her name is on the lease, but not from 06.01....
feel foolish now.....

A new lease from 06.01 without her name....
Easy solution:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Any good tips guys? Alex, where are you now when I need you ?
Seriously, I am pretty sure you're the wacky one here and you should make up with her. If you are completely unable to see the error of your ways and absolutely must get rid of her, do it with witnesses present. Under no circumstances let it be a case of her word against yours ... ever.

Witnesses. ;)

Is there anyone else that sells stuff? :D
Man they are practically giving away 42" 720p LCD's. :eek:
42" is a pretty big step up from 27" and the price? Forgetaboutit !!! :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Seriously, I am pretty sure you're the wacky one here and you should make up with her. If you are completely unable to see the error of your ways and absolutely must get rid of her, do it with witnesses present. Under no circumstances let it be a case of her word against yours ... ever.

Witnesses. ;)
wow, yeah today there were two witnesses and they are 9 and 12 years old :eek::eek:

But THANKS, that's great stuff Alex, really :D

I'm far from perfect but just need to get on with my life now........

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm far from perfect but just need to get on with my life now........
This ain't over for you. What did she give up back home? A job? An apartment? Will she look like a fool going back? Now she's in Norway where she doesn't speak the language and the people she lives with hate her?

This is so not over.
Harald there is more suffering in your future.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
For haraldo:

I'm currently running the latest version of GirlFriend and I've been having some problems lately. I've been running the same version of DrinkingBuddies 1.0 forever as my primary application, and all the GirlFriend releases I've tried have always conflicted with it.

I hear that DrinkingBuddies won't crash if GirlFriend is run in background mode and the sound is turned off. But I'm embarrassed to say I can't find the switch to turn the sound off. I just run them separately, and it works okay.

Girlfriend also seems to have a problem co-existing with my Golf program, often trying to abort Golf with some sort of timing incompatibility.I probably should have stayed with GirlFriend 1.0, but I thought I might see better performance from GirlFriend 2.0. After months of conflicts and other problems, I consulted a friend who has had experience with GirlFriend 2.0. He said I probably didn't have enough cache to run GirlFriend 2.0, and eventually it would require a Token Ring to run properly. He was right - as soon as I purged my cache, it uninstalled itself.

Shortly after that, I installed GirlFriend 3.0 beta. All the bugs were supposed to be gone, but the first time I used it, it gave me a virus anyway. I had to clean out my whole system and shutdown for a while.

I very cautiously upgraded to GirlFriend 4.0. This time I used a SCSI probe first and also installed a virus protection program. It worked okay for a while until I discovered that GirlFriend 1.0 was still in my system. I tried running GirlFriend 1.0 again with GirlFriend 4.0 still installed, but GirlFriend 4.0 has a feature I didn't know about that automatically senses the presence of any other version of GirlFriend and communicates with it in some way, which results in the immediate removal of both versions.The version I have now works pretty well, but there are still some problems. Like all versions of GirlFriend, it is in some obscure language that I can't understand, much less reprogram. Frankly I think there is too much attention paid to the look and feel rather than the desired functionality. Also, to get the best connections with your hardware, you usually have to use gold-plated contacts. And I've never liked how GirlFriend was totally "object-oriented."

A year ago, a friend of mine upgraded his version of GirlFriend to GirlFriendPlus 1.0, which is a Terminate and Stay Resident version of GirlFriend. He discovered that GirlFriendPlus 1.0 expires within a year if you don't upgrade to Fiancee 1.0.So he did, but soon after that, he had to upgrade to Wife 1.0, which he describes as a huge resource hog. It has taken up all his space, so he can't load anything else. One of the primary reasons he decided to go with Wife 1.0 was because it came bundled with FreeSexPlus.Well, it turns out the resource allocation module of Wife 1.0 sometimes prohibits access to FreeSexPlus, particularly the new Plug-Ins he wanted to try. On top of that, Wife 1.0 must be running on a well warmed-up system before he can do anything. Although he did not ask for it, Wife 1.0 came with MotherInLaw, which has an automatic pop-up feature he can't turn off.

I told him to try installing Mistress 1.0, but he said he heard if you try to run it without first uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.0 won't install anyway because of insufficient resources.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
This ain't over for you. What did she give up back home? A job? An apartment? Will she look like a fool going back? Now she's in Norway where she doesn't speak the language and the people she lives with hate her?

This is so not over.
Harald there is more suffering in your future.
he he today it's been great great fun

Judgement day looks like a walk in the park now.... (remember the terminator movies) but now we both laughed about this.... puuuuuuuh never experienced anyth like this before :cool:

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
For haraldo:

I'm currently running the latest version of GirlFriend and I've been having some problems lately. I've been running the same version of DrinkingBuddies 1.0 forever as my primary application, and all the GirlFriend releases I've tried have always conflicted with it.

I hear that DrinkingBuddies won't crash if GirlFriend is run in background mode and the sound is turned off. But I'm embarrassed to say I can't find the switch to turn the sound off. I just run them separately, and it works okay.

Girlfriend also seems to have a problem co-existing with my Golf program, often trying to abort Golf with some sort of timing incompatibility.I probably should have stayed with GirlFriend 1.0, but I thought I might see better performance from GirlFriend 2.0. After months of conflicts and other problems, I consulted a friend who has had experience with GirlFriend 2.0. He said I probably didn't have enough cache to run GirlFriend 2.0, and eventually it would require a Token Ring to run properly. He was right - as soon as I purged my cache, it uninstalled itself.

Shortly after that, I installed GirlFriend 3.0 beta. All the bugs were supposed to be gone, but the first time I used it, it gave me a virus anyway. I had to clean out my whole system and shutdown for a while.

I very cautiously upgraded to GirlFriend 4.0. This time I used a SCSI probe first and also installed a virus protection program. It worked okay for a while until I discovered that GirlFriend 1.0 was still in my system. I tried running GirlFriend 1.0 again with GirlFriend 4.0 still installed, but GirlFriend 4.0 has a feature I didn't know about that automatically senses the presence of any other version of GirlFriend and communicates with it in some way, which results in the immediate removal of both versions.The version I have now works pretty well, but there are still some problems. Like all versions of GirlFriend, it is in some obscure language that I can't understand, much less reprogram. Frankly I think there is too much attention paid to the look and feel rather than the desired functionality. Also, to get the best connections with your hardware, you usually have to use gold-plated contacts. And I've never liked how GirlFriend was totally "object-oriented."

A year ago, a friend of mine upgraded his version of GirlFriend to GirlFriendPlus 1.0, which is a Terminate and Stay Resident version of GirlFriend. He discovered that GirlFriendPlus 1.0 expires within a year if you don't upgrade to Fiancee 1.0.So he did, but soon after that, he had to upgrade to Wife 1.0, which he describes as a huge resource hog. It has taken up all his space, so he can't load anything else. One of the primary reasons he decided to go with Wife 1.0 was because it came bundled with FreeSexPlus.Well, it turns out the resource allocation module of Wife 1.0 sometimes prohibits access to FreeSexPlus, particularly the new Plug-Ins he wanted to try. On top of that, Wife 1.0 must be running on a well warmed-up system before he can do anything. Although he did not ask for it, Wife 1.0 came with MotherInLaw, which has an automatic pop-up feature he can't turn off.

I told him to try installing Mistress 1.0, but he said he heard if you try to run it without first uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.0 won't install anyway because of insufficient resources.
Yes I need an upgrade :cool:
I really have to warn againt the MotherInLaw program !!!! this is scary stuff
It's very loud and annoying, and it always gets in the way for DrinkingBuddies 2.0, it comes bundled with the program DriveMeToTheCityEveryDay 3.0, it's a nightmare....... Stay away from these things plz

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
For haraldo:

That's awesome!

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Anybody want some cake? :D

Home made!

Oh, and this is my cat, Phoebe... she enjoys cake... and her brother would be pictured but he is out hunting right now...

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm deciding between the Samsung DVD-1080P9 and the Oppo DV-980H.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I would recommend the Oppo the whole way. It does everything but Blu-ray and both analog connections and HDMI and a very good upscaler.

What did you get from monoprice?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, Craig. Thanks for the input!

I haven't placed the order from Monoprice, yet. However, I plan to order a mini-DVI to HDMI adapter for my MacBook, some optical cables, and HDMI cable, and some RCA cables.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Hey, Craig. Thanks for the input!

I haven't placed the order from Monoprice, yet. However, I plan to order a mini-DVI to HDMI adapter for my MacBook, some optical cables, and HDMI cable, and some RCA cables.
Never took you for a MacBook kinda person... maybe a Dell Mini or somethin', but not a MacBook :p

Be sure to pay lots for your HDMI cable... so you KNOW that you are getting the best quality ;) :D :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Never took you for a MacBook kinda person... maybe a Dell Mini or somethin', but not a MacBook :p

Be sure to pay lots for your HDMI cable... so you KNOW that you are getting the best quality ;) :D :p
My desktop is a Windows box, but I bought the MacBook after YEARS of having my older brother berate me to buy a Mac. :D

I already have two $75/each six-foot HDMI cables. I think my next one will be cheaper. :) (Okay, I got them for free after winning one of the great contests here...so, no, I didn't spend $150 on two HDMI cables ;)).

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats on the purchase, Adam... I'm glad patience prevailed... ahem, bout freakin time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis