Hijack posts from Hsu/SVS thread...

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
fergusonv said:
Well this is the steam vent so.....
on the otherhand it is painfully obivious that Iikka is trying to start trouble, I have appreciated his tests/reviews and the same goes for Craig's but this bickering between them has just been getting way out of hand and it's utterly rediculous.
Speaking of ridiculous ... would you explain how ignoring someone who has called me a liar, and accused me of cheating people is a sign of my bickering ? I would REALLY like to know how you came to that conclusion ..

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Matt34 said:
I don't and sure wish Manic, Ilkka and the rest of the rod squad from AVS migrate back to the hole which they came from.
Interesting thought ... now just WHEN did this thread blow up ... ??? Amazing how we got through an entire week with no problems ... then something happened ... :D

Now I remember - Someone started name calling ... then his buddy, Manic Miner, who whined for God knows how long on AVS that there was no reason to test these two subs, chimed in. For a test in which there was no interest, these two sure are spending a lot of time here.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
craigsub said:
Speaking of ridiculous ... would you explain how ignoring someone who has called me a liar, and accused me of cheating people is a sign of my bickering ? I would REALLY like to know how you came to that conclusion ..
Craig, that may not have been directed at you so much as...

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Johnd said:
Craig, that may not have been directed at you so much as...
Understood ... I am exhibiting sarcasm. Just seeing how it feels... :D

M

Manic Miner

Junior Audioholic
Matt34 said:
I don't and sure wish Manic, Ilkka and the rest of the rod squad from AVS migrate back to the hole which they came from.
Oh! Now you have hurt my feelings and I'm not going to write a single word before you are removed from this thread!

But as others do, I to changed my mind

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Manic Miner said:
Oh! Now you have hurt my feelings and I'm not going to write a single word before you are removed from this thread!

But as others do, I to changed my mind
For a guy who pi$$ed and moaned about this shootout being done on the first place, you sure are interested.

And, for the record, you little genius of a man, boy, or whatever you are, this had nothing to do with feelings getting hurt. Your tiny Finnish friend is the biggest fraud I have ever met on any forum, ever.

M

Manic Miner

Junior Audioholic
craigsub said:
Interesting thought ... now just WHEN did this thread blow up ... ??? Amazing how we got through an entire week with no problems ... then something happened ... :D

Now I remember - Someone started name calling ... then his buddy, Manic Miner, who whined for God knows how long on AVS that there was no reason to test these two subs, chimed in. For a test in which there was no interest, these two sure are spending a lot of time here.
Easy there partner, I even gave you some kudos since this shootout so far is following logic to some degree, unlike one of your previous attempts where the sub with ½ the displacement of the other managed to win the movies part of your test

And for new readers; what I "whined" about was that Craig already has tested the Ultra against the EP500, and the EP600, and the Ultra lost both times. Any professional reviewer would then name either the 500, or the 600 his new reference sub in the ID class. And the next time a new contender in that class came up it would be tested against the reference. Pretty logical heh?

Not for Craig, he still thinks that the yardstick is the Ultra, why? Well, if he were to test it against one of the Axioms he would probably have to critizise them for lack of SPL in the bottom octave, less then average build quality, and a 100hz stone wall filter (where do the last 20hz of the LFE track go :p )

And with all the time Craig has spent promoting the Axiom subs that would not have been a good idea

M

Manic Miner

Junior Audioholic
craigsub said:
For a guy who pi$$ed and moaned about this shootout being done on the first place, you sure are interested.

And, for the record, you little genius of a man, boy, or whatever you are, this had nothing to do with feelings getting hurt. Your tiny Finnish friend is the biggest fraud I have ever met on any forum, ever.

Oh! Now you have hurt my feelings too! I'll tell on you and hold my breath until you get sent to the principals office

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Manic Miner said:
Hehehe, AVS should have a forum like this:) **** (female reproductive organ)! Or in my native tongue, norwegian: FITTE! Or in danish (where i live now) FISSE!

Ah, I feel a whole lot better now.
Gosh, MM, you display a tremendous amount of dignity. I'm glad you're so much into productive dialogue.

What would the internet be without that anonymous, immature rabble that dots all forums?! Surely, MM. Tell us how it feels to post such positive ideas as the above. Does this anonymity provide your one feeble shot at power in life?

It is this kind of negative and immature qualities, which you display in abundance, that keeps me and many others from contributing more to this once pacific and educational forum.

M

Manic Miner

Junior Audioholic
Buckeyefan 1 said:
In the EP500? I thought that sub was built like a tank. :confused:
If you read the review here at Audoholics you will se that they comment upon it. The EPs are built out of 3/4" MDF, while all SVS subs except the PB10 are built out of 1" MDF, even the PB10 has a 1" front plate. I do not know the HSUs to well, but I think that the HO is 1". The EPs also have very little bracing, and to top it of for the price they are asking I think that they should be covered in something better then vinyl

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Manic Miner said:
Easy there partner, I even gave you some kudos since this shootout so far is following logic to some degree, unlike one of your previous attempts where the sub with ½ the displacement of the other managed to win the movies part of your test

And for new readers; what I "whined" about was that Craig already has tested the Ultra against the EP500, and the EP600, and the Ultra lost both times. Any professional reviewer would then name either the 500, or the 600 his new reference sub in the ID class. And the next time a new contender in that class came up it would be tested against the reference. Pretty logical heh?

Not for Craig, he still thinks that the yardstick is the Ultra, why? Well, if he were to test it against one of the Axioms he would probably have to critizise them for lack of SPL in the bottom octave, less then average build quality, and a 100hz stone wall filter (where do the last 20hz of the LFE track go :p )

And with all the time Craig has spent promoting the Axiom subs that would not have been a good idea
Do they actually teach you how to be full of sh*t in your country ? Or is it a natural talent of yours ?

I know that facts really bother you, but heck, someone may actually be interested in some actual facts ...

1. I have not spent time "promoting" Axiom subs. You, on the other hand, certainly have YOUR favorite.

2. You still have a stick up your *** about the Axiom review threads. I even made it an open invitation for people to come audition the EP-500 vs. the Ultra. It was THOSE guys who picked the EP-500 overall - and this was under blind conditions.

Only one member of this panel had heard an Axiom sub before this Blind test, and 5 had not. Three of the panel members had SVS as their only subs.

IT was THEIR choice ... not mine. Are you getting this, or is that beyond your limited mental abilities, too ?

3. The Ultra and VTF-3 HO have been mentioned by hundreds of people for over a year now. I had one request for the Axiom and the VTF-3 HO - YOURS. Even with that, I said I would likely run the Axiom against the HO later.

4. And whether you like it or not - it was you, your little Fin Friend, and you guys alone who trashed yet another thread. This thread was fun, informative, and people were getting along. Then YOU two trash-talking, trolling, poor excuses for anything resembling manners showed up.

M

Manic Miner

Junior Audioholic
craigsub said:
Do they actually teach you how to be full of sh*t in your country ? Or is it a natural talent of yours ?

I know that facts really bother you, but heck, someone may actually be interested in some actual facts ...

1. I have not spent time "promoting" Axiom subs. You, on the other hand, certainly have YOUR favorite.

2. You still have a stick up your *** about the Axiom review threads. I even made it an open invitation for people to come audition the EP-500 vs. the Ultra. It was THOSE guys who picked the EP-500 overall - and this was under blind conditions.

Only one member of this panel had heard an Axiom sub before this Blind test, and 5 had not. Three of the panel members had SVS as their only subs.

IT was THEIR choice ... not mine. Are you getting this, or is that beyond your limited mental abilities, too ?

3. The Ultra and VTF-3 HO have been mentioned by hundreds of people for over a year now. I had one request for the Axiom and the VTF-3 HO - YOURS. Even with that, I said I would likely run the Axiom against the HO later.

4. And whether you like it or not - it was you, your little Fin Friend, and you guys alone who trashed yet another thread. This thread was fun, informative, and people were getting along. Then YOU two trash-talking, trolling, poor excuses for anything resembling manners showed up.

Hehe, you are almost out of ideas now, it is easy to tell because then you always resort to talking about "who is telling the truth", and add some name calling for provoking. I also know why you do this, it is because you hope that I'll take the bait and make this a personal instead of a factual discussion.

Well Craig, I'm not taking the bait. I think I'll go to bed now so that you can get on with your original thread.

Good night all :)

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Manic Miner said:
Hehe, you are almost out of ideas now, it is easy to tell because then you always resort to talking about "who is telling the truth", and add some name calling for provoking. I also know why you do this, it is because you hope that I'll take the bait and make this a personal instead of a factual discussion.

Well Craig, I'm not taking the bait. I think I'll go to bed now so that you can get on with your original thread.

Good night all :)
My entire post was a tribute to what you and your pals have been doing for months. It is based on what you guys post ... and I gotta tell you, I am not sure how you guys can get any enjoyment out of posting like that.

J

jakeman

Junior Audioholic
craigsub said:
My entire post was a tribute to what you and your pals have been doing for months. It is based on what you guys post ... and I gotta tell you, I am not sure how you guys can get any enjoyment out of posting like that.
Hmmm...for reasons unknown to me it looks like you have a pair of Scandinavian internet stalkers on your case. Surely the mods can do something more meaningful about those two in light of how they have disrupted what looked like an enjoyable educational thread.

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
jakeman said:
Hmmm...for reasons unknown to me it looks like you have a pair of Scandinavian internet stalkers on your case. Surely the mods can do something more meaningful about those two in light of how they have disrupted what looked like an enjoyable educational thread.
You know ... I was attempting to Lampoon these guys, and when I look at the post, I cringe. It is hard to lampoon something which is already a characature.

National Lampoon tried this in the 1980's with a magazine called "Irrational Enquirer" ... of course, it was patterned after "The National Enquirer"... It failed because they could not come up with anything more outrageous than the original version already was ... :D

JeffD2.

JeffD2.

Audioholic
Ilkka, I used to have great respect for your posts. Now I'm not so sure anymore. What's up with the flaming/name calling? I get the impression you and Ed Mullen tend to agree on principle, but I NEVER see Ed posting like you do lately.

Manic- a troll that should be ignored by all. Really, go get laid, will ya?

J

jakeman

Junior Audioholic
craigsub said:
You know ... I was attempting to Lampoon these guys, and when I look at the post, I cringe. It is hard to lampoon something which is already a characature.

National Lampoon tried this in the 1980's with a magazine called "Irrational Enquirer" ... of course, it was patterned after "The National Enquirer"... It failed because they could not come up with anything more outrageous than the original version already was ... :D
Years ago I travelled to Malmo, Sweden and spent two weeks in long negotiations with a team of Finns and Swedes and while being tough negotiators they were some of the nicest most dignified people I had ever met. No matter how tense things got there was never any name calling or disrespect, strong opinions yes but always backed with good reasons. Doesn't sound like our namecalling troublesome Finn does it?

Maybe he behaves like this because he is still a young bucktail from Lappeenranta.;)

As for Manicmuckraker, he is just a troll who likes to pull your chain and should be ignored just like Jeff says. :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Wow, this is a whole new standard of hate.

We would have never gotten away with this before, maybe the mods want us to blow off steam and get it all out.

SheepStar

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Please....let us see no more "thin skin" comments about Craigsub. He gave us some good stuff that required discourse. But instead of rational debate, he was targeted as a liar and data fabricator by Illka, Manic, and Jaxvon (I thought you had more class and dignity than that, Jax). You three are absolutely certain that he MUST BE LYING for those results to occur? Really. No measuring mistakes? No misunderstanding on your (perfect?) part? No room response vagaries? No time specific variables are possible, eh? You all obviously have some agenda that is on your backs and is unwelcome here.

And I don't think Craig's reacting negatively to that tripe is "thin skinned". His anger is perfectly understandable. And perhaps that goes double for the mod who reiterated the charge. I've seen you guys jump far and wide when called a liar, or fabricator, or quid pro quo benefactor on industry equipment reviews. Should we have called you thin skinned when when you reacted negatively to those kind of charges on your AH Reviews? No. And why would we?! They're made by trolls, and fanboys, and insecure anonymous creatures, and conspiracy buffs, and attention cravers.

Some of you should grow up, and find some dignity and maturity.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis