Behringer iNuke NU4-6000

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
Hi the company i work for sells this BEHRINGER iNUKE NU4-6000 which pumps 440 watts into 8ohms. Is it ok to use it for my Klipsch Rp-280F fronts for 2 channel stereo?

Lexicon Mc-12

Alesis Deq 830

Klipsch RP-280F

Klipsch Rp-450C

Klipsch RP-160M

Emotiva UPA-500 for Center & Surrounds

Egreat Android Media box for Hi-res Audio, 4K, 3D Video

Samsung Bdfj500 Blu-ray Player

Your advice will be appreciated. Thank you and have a good day

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sure, you could manage to damage them if you tried, but why would you? Not likely with normal use. You okay with the fan noise?

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
It could damage them, if you're not careful. (You can always reduce the gain controls on the amp to "teenager-proof" your rig. That will help bury any upstream noise as well.)

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

With a sensitivity spec of 98 dB, you could drive those speakers to ear-bleeding levels with a 50-watt amp. So yes, the Behringer is overkill.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja

With a sensitivity spec of 98 dB, you could drive those speakers to ear-bleeding levels with a 50-watt amp. So yes, the Behringer is overkill.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Technically, 98 dB for extended periods is damaging. So I'd only add that it can drive those speakers to ear-bleeding levels with ONE watt!

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Be sure to double check the warranty and return policy for Behringer products..
Their build quality leaves alot to be desired.. Besides the inflated spces.

Just my $0.02... ;)

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
Thank you all for your contributions. I won't take any chances then.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
That Behringer iNuke amp is overkill for the Klipsh 280's.

However, should you be interested in a pro audio 2 channel amp for your front left & right speakers, I would recommend the QSC DCA1222 unit. It is from QSC's Digital Cinema Series products used in many theaters in US and Canada. This one has a power rating of a clean 200 watts/ch at 8 ohms. Of course, it could also bring your Klipsh's to ear-bleeding levels should you drive them hard. On the other hand, for normal listening levels, it would give you a clean, neutral sound that would allow the 280's to perform at their best, without much risk of damaging them:

https://www.qsc.com/cinema/products/power-amplifiers/dca-series/dca-1222/

That cinema amplifier has excellent specs and you won't be able to kill it. Actually, I am using two such amps on my HT system for actively bi-amping the front left & right channels, and I have excellent results. I will purchase the 3rd one for the center channel this fall. Several months ago, I started a thread on this amp and I will complete it with my global impressions, when I have received the third amp and used it for a little while.

This product is not sold in Pro Gear stores but is available through a QSC distributor. However, on the web I found two California based stores that offer it for $730, which is 20% off retail price. By the way, the inboard fans are rather quiet; I am sitting 6 feet away from mines and I don't hear them.

To conclude, this amplifier represents an option for a dependable 2 channel amplifier to drive the main speakers in a high quality HT system.

Last edited:
D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
That Behringer iNuke amp is overkill for the Klipsh 280's.

However, should you be interested in a pro audio 2 channel amp for your front left & right speakers, I would recommend the QSC DCA1222 unit. It is from QSC's Digital Cinema Series products used in many theaters in US and Canada. This one has a power rating of a clean 200 watts/ch at 8 ohms. Of course, it could also bring your Klipsh's to ear-bleeding levels should you drive them hard. On the other hand, for normal listening levels, it would give you a clean, neutral sound that would allow the 280's to perform at their best, without much risk of damaging them:

https://www.qsc.com/cinema/products/power-amplifiers/dca-series/dca-1222/

That cinema amplifier has excellent specs and you won't be able to kill it. Actually, I am using two such amps on my HT system for actively bi-amping the front left & right channels, and I have excellent results. I will purchase the 3rd one for the center channel this fall. Several months ago, I started a thread on this amp and I will complete it with my global impressions, when I have received the third amp and used it for a little while.

This product is not sold in Pro Gear stores but is available through a QSC distributor. However, on the web I found two California based stores that offer it for $730, which is 20% off retail price. By the way, the inboard fans are rather quiet; I am sitting 6 feet away from mines and I don't hear them.

To conclude, this amplifier represents an option for a dependable 2 channel amplifier to drive the main speakers in a high quality HT system.
thank you

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis