At what price level will a center speaker improve sound?

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
Lets see the user's setup first. Why don't you get the whole picture before going off on theoretical tirade? As far as anecdotes go.. I don't claim I wouldn't hear differences. I'm saying I have no problems hearing mine what so ever so they must be doing something right. :rolleyes:
I agree. Problems with dialogue intelligibility can often be tied to

1) Placement.
2) Improper room EQ measurement process

Best to eliminate those as factors first before some theoretical discussion about why such and such a speaker might not be an effective design.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
My preferred approach is to use the same speakers for the front 3. With the modern flat panel there should be no issues with doing this. I'd just mount the TV to the wall and put the speaker underneath it.

G

Gustavo

Audioholic Intern
My preferred approach is to use the same speakers for the front 3. With the modern flat panel there should be no issues with doing this. I'd just mount the TV to the wall and put the speaker underneath it.
Still, in most cases, this elevates the screen above the speakers line; especially pronounced in small rooms.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Still, in most cases, this elevates the screen above the speakers line; especially pronounced in small rooms.
In what cases would it not? :)

It's really only pronounced with tall speakers and/or small screens. FWIW most theater seating is below mid screen height.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis