HK AVR354 Issue - No display

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Same here. I have an AVR 354 and I was hoping Ac3d would have posted pics and vid, but 4 years down the road, I doubt it will happen. Which is really unfortunate. I am next to completely ignorant when it comes to A/V equipment, and I've never held a soldering iron in my hands. Maybe I was a bit overconfident in thinking his pics would have been enough to do this myself??? Anyway, looks like I'll try calling the H/K help line, and then pay the big bucks to get it repaired professionally.
As future reference...which brand/model would you recommend for overall reliability/bang for your bucks/performance with a price ceiling around 750$?
Thanks in advance!
Well we don't know how long Ac3Ds receiver worked for. One other poster did this fix and had recurrent fuse blowing problems. Fuses usually blow for a reason and are seldom the underlying prime cause of failure.

I would caution you not put any money into this. I would look at Yamaha, Denon/Marantz and pick the features you want. I would say your budget is sensible.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis