Polk Audio PSW10 Review

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Dude I'm a part time musician, I've learned to never take this kind of stuff personally.

That being said I was quite surprised someone would come in a Forum looking for a detailed review complete with scientific data. But there is always someone out there that needs to feel like a champ because they can use Google.

There are a ton of specialized review sites online that don't even give the information that I did.

That being said I'm new to the site and have learnt a lot just going through forums etc.
Good to hear. Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about it. Stick around, have a beer and shoot the breeze.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
This won't tell you how it sounds, but it WILL tell you if it performs and if a sub's claims are optimistic or has a glaring fault, the data will usually indicate that quickly.
I disagree, I think you can glean how a sub sound with enough measurements. Frequency response, distortion, and to a lesser extent, things like group delay. Subs that measure well in linearity and accuracy will sound the same. The absence of directivity make their sound much easier to understand and predict than higher frequency-range loudspeakers.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I disagree, I think you can glean how a sub sound with enough measurements. Frequency response, distortion, and to a lesser extent, things like group delay. Subs that measure well in linearity and accuracy will sound the same. The absence of directivity make their sound much easier to understand and predict than higher frequency-range loudspeakers.
That's more true for a sub due to the frequencies involved, but they still have a sonic signature like any speaker.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
At least provide something better than that weak link if you're going to resurrect a thread this old. Horrible subs really.
The hell you say!!!
A 10” subwoofer with a -3 of 40hz. Hmm. Maybe a subwoofer for my headphones?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I should have used "sub" with parentheses.....it's no true sub

C

Chris in Dallas

Junior Audioholic
I should have used "sub" with parentheses.....it's no true sub
I’m taking a quick break from “ready player one”. Just wanted to chime in with how much I’m in love with the svs sb2000 pro. Simply Ohhmmgeee. This is not a review.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis