Signal generator to guitar amplifier?

J

j-wentworth

Audiophyte
Hello, all. I'm an utter novice when it comes to this sort of thing, and I'm looking for some advice.

I purchased a Farnell LFM4 Sine / Square Oscillator signal generator recently.

It looks like this, and there are a number of versions of its manual here.

Essentially, I want to plug this signal generator into a guitar amplifier (or similar devices with 1/4in or 3.5mm jack inputs). Can anybody tell me the easiest way to do this?

Any help will be warmly received! I understand that this may not be the best place to ask for advice, but I was unsure where else to go. Cheers.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello, all. I'm an utter novice when it comes to this sort of thing, and I'm looking for some advice.

I purchased a Farnell LFM4 Sine / Square Oscillator signal generator recently.

It looks like this, and there are a number of versions of its manual here.

Essentially, I want to plug this signal generator into a guitar amplifier (or similar devices with 1/4in or 3.5mm jack inputs). Can anybody tell me the easiest way to do this?

Any help will be warmly received! I understand that this may not be the best place to ask for advice, but I was unsure where else to go. Cheers.
What on Earth are you trying to do? That unit is a piece of service equipment for testing and calibrating equipment.

You take a screened lead and connect the screen to the ground and the live to the red output, and solder a 1/4" mono TRS jack on the other end and plug it into the guitar amp.

If you don't know what to do with it, why did you buy it? Some mothers do 'ave 'em!

J

j-wentworth

Audiophyte
What on Earth are you trying to do?
Uh … test and calibrate equipment.

You take a screened lead and connect the screen to the ground and the live to the red output, and solder a 1/4" mono TRS jack on the other end and plug it into the guitar amp.
Great, thanks!

If you don't know what to do with it, why did you buy it?
Precisely because I didn't know what to do with it. I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors -- oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this j-wentworth?"

PS - S/O to my dude 96cobra10101 :cool:

Last edited:
G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
How exactly, and why would you, calibrate a guitar amp?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis