Wife to the mental hospital

J

jamie2112

Banned
Well folks here we are again with the crazy wife syndrome. I had to have the police take her to a mental hospital last night.She attacked me and the kids for nothing.She broke everything in the kitchen and I am cleaning up.Child protective services was here at 8 am this morning.I am really caught between a rock and a hard place with this.I just don't know what to do.My kids don't want her to come home if she is not taking meds and I don't either.I guess I just have to see what happens.She threatened all of our lives in front of the police last night and social services doesn't want her to come back here.What am I supposed to do.I love her but she is very sick and needs help/If she is willing to get help then maybe there is a chance left for us.If not I guess I am getting a divorce.....sorry I had to vent I have talked to nobody about this yet....:(

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Wow! I am so sorry to read this. It’s tough enough to love someone who is unstable but to be married with kids must be h.ll. I hope that you are able to get her help (and she accepts it). Good luck and thanks for sharing.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I don't really know what to say. That really sucks. I hope things work out for the best.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh wow. I'm so sorry to hear this. That is really tough and I totally understand your feelings towards her. I think you and your kids should seek some sort of help just to help you cope with this stressful situation. Wether you realize it or not, this may have reprocussions on you and your kid's mental health. There maybe alot of pent up anger, fustration, anxiety that needs to be dealt with. Good luck and keep us posted.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Jamie, it sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. You and the family are in our thoughts.
Hopefully this will be the thing that drives her to get real help.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Well folks here we are again with the crazy wife syndrome. I had to have the police take her to a mental hospital last night.She attacked me and the kids for nothing.She broke everything in the kitchen and I am cleaning up.Child protective services was here at 8 am this morning.I am really caught between a rock and a hard place with this.I just don't know what to do.My kids don't want her to come home if she is not taking meds and I don't either.I guess I just have to see what happens.She threatened all of our lives in front of the police last night and social services doesn't want her to come back here.What am I supposed to do.I love her but she is very sick and needs help/If she is willing to get help then maybe there is a chance left for us.If not I guess I am getting a divorce.....sorry I had to vent I have talked to nobody about this yet....:(
You have my empathy Jamie because in mine own situation my wife battles with depression daily and of late it starting to take a toll on me. I hope she gets the help she needs and in most cases metal illness can be controled with medication but sometimes its not the case.:(
Good luck, Bill....:)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Wow Jamie sorry to hear this happened. The kids are the mosts important thing for you to deal with right now. Keep them close and make sure they know you are there for them. My thoughts are with you guys.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
Sorry to hear that. Got to be difficult so close to the holidays. The most important thing is you and children's safety, and you did the right thing by calling the Police. Sounds like she was placed on a 72-hour hold for mental evaluation. If the mental health staff think its necessary (due to severe cases or ordered by a court), then she can be placed on a 14 day hold.

Just know that we are here for you if you ever need to vent. I'll send some prayers your way :)

jinjuku

jinjuku

I would start with plastic ware and paper plates.

majorloser

majorloser

If you need somebody to vent on, feel free to call. PM's work, too. :)

Heck, even Loserwife is a great person to talk to about these types of things.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't even know what to say to that man. Sorry to hear it, but it does sound like it is at a point where it isn't emotionally something that you can continue to put your family through. If she won't take the meds, then she is making her choice, whether she likes it or not.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sorry to hear that you are going though this again my friend. I know I don't have to tell you this but, kids come first whether you divorce or not. (It's the dad in me to have to say it anyway...) You know and I know that if you can't keep her on her meds then you'll have to separate yourself and the kids from the violence. It's not much different than an addict. Separation is the only way no matter how much you love them.

Mental illness is a b!tch. My oldest brother is mentally ill and it's a hard thing to understand...and watch.

Your family is in my thoughts, Jamie.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Dang dude, that's a rough deal. You and your family are in my thoughts. I wish I had some terrific advice to give you, but I don't. That's a complex and difficult situation, and I'm sure you are hurting a lot. Hang in there, and feel free to vent on AH anytime. There is a pretty supportive group of gearheads here, I've found.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
jamie

I agree with everyone else above who says seek counseling help for your kids and yourself. Maybe legal help as well :(. We will all try to provide a measure of virtual normality for you in what ever way we can.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Listen to Swerd. Get legal help. Take 5 grand right now and give it to the biggest douche bag attorney you can find with the promise of more to follow. Hit low and hit hard. I've been divorced. It's like war in that there is no substitution for victory. On this score you can believe me now or believe me later but you will believe me.

Sorry to hear about your troubles and the troubles of others. :(

J

jamie2112

Banned
Thanks so much everyone. It's good to know I have support.:)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry to hear of your situation, Jamie. Definitely see about finding a good psychologist; it is human nature for the kids (and likely you) to second guess if it is their fault, or if there is something they could have done differently. They don't need to grow up with that kind of baggage.
I have a brother with similar issues, and if nothing else, I appreciated talking with a shrink to better understand and accept my brother's condition, as well as knowing that his is not an uncommon situation.
Hopefully, there are some good people in Child Protective Services for your area. Tragic though it is, you are lucky that you have the police as witnesses.
You'll be in our thoughts and Godspeed in returning your home to a healthy environment for the kids!
Kurt

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Hey Jamie,

was there any sign that she was like this before you got married, or was this something that someone just gets?

what's important is that you and the kids are safe.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Seems like a pretty heavy year for AH people. Lots of difficult stuff going on lately.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis