How much are my JBL speakers worth?

J

JDawg

Junior Audioholic
I'm selling a set of JBL speakers that includes a pair of floor standing speakers and a matching center channel. The speakers are JBL ND310II and the center is a N-Center II. What's a reasonable asking price for these speakers?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
$250-350 would be the approximate range for them together. The center consistantly sells for around $40. A pair of ND-310s are on ebay not selling for $249, however it's a local pickup on. I'd recommend trying craigslist. A price of $300 may be very appealing to someone that would be able to come listen to them before buying them.

J

JDawg

Junior Audioholic
$250-350 would be the approximate range for them together. The center consistantly sells for around $40. A pair of ND-310s are on ebay not selling for $249, however it's a local pickup on. I'd recommend trying craigslist. A price of $300 may be very appealing to someone that would be able to come listen to them before buying them.
Thanks, I figured $300 seemed fair but a lot of people on Craigslist are emailing me and making lowball offers like $100 for the whole set or they're complaining the price is too high for old speakers. Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait for the right buyer to come along.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks, I figured $300 seemed fair but a lot of people on Craigslist are emailing me and making lowball offers like $100 for the whole set or they're complaining the price is too high for old speakers.
Ultimately they are worth what someone will pay for them. They may have sold for ~$300 recently but you never know if someone will be willing to pay that now. My experience with Craigslist is that if you want to sell something, you have to make the asking price insanely low. Don't be offended by emails from Craigslist shoppers with very low offers, it just seems to be how things work there.

If I saw those speakers on Craigslist with an asking price of $300, I'd offer $200 hoping you'd counter to no more than $250. That seems to be what Craigslist shoppers are looking for.

I never did succeed in selling my old JBL speakers on Craigslist and ultimately just called Goodwill to come get them.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
MDS,

What JBL speakers would those have been?:rolleyes: Hello McFly, I buy!:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks, I figured $300 seemed fair but a lot of people on Craigslist are emailing me and making lowball offers like $100 for the whole set or they're complaining the price is too high for old speakers. Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait for the right buyer to come along.
Those are either morons, or resellers. Do pictures accompany your listings? Try using photobucket instead of craigslist's image hosting as well.

check off boxes in photobucket

generate HTML code

copy and paste the second box, all of it

and post on your craigslist listing

Include the model number of the speakers in the title if possible as well. As a user of Craiglook.com I often find what I'm looking for by searching model numbers. If it's not in the title, it doesn't come back in the results. Also words like "home" and "speakers" in the title will help narrow the search for some people as well.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
MDS,

What JBL speakers would those have been?:rolleyes: Hello McFly, I buy!:D
They were old 'J' series speakers I bought in about 1996. J900MV towers, J-Center, and J-something bookshelves for surrounds. I tried to sell the whole lot for $175 on Craigslist and didn't get any replies. So off to Goodwill they went as often is the case with me.

JDawg's N series JBLs are newer and much better than the old J series.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis