Kimber Kable 4PR & 8PR Speaker Cable Review

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
If I see any reviews of cable lifters or power cables, I'm not even going to open them...:p

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
I would like to thank Gene and Audiohlics for this review.

I am one of those people who would consider buying the Kimber Cables based on looks, as long as I knew they weren’t doing anything negative to my system. I think it was just last week, that I clicked one of their ads just to take a look…mmhh pretty.

Heck I bought all Cobalt Cables after Cable Face Off I, not because I thought they were the best value, or that they would change my system’s sound, but because they measured well and they were more aesthetically pleasing to me than standard zip cord.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
It was ready to eat and I am never late to a meal, especially when she is cooking :)
Oh, thanks, I am falling off this chair. The medical bill should go where? ;) LOL:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

....Heresy? Placebo effect? No, I am one of many who readily notice a real world difference in all components, ....
My sister keeps telling me that not all psychics are the real mccoys;):D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... It would be a major scientific breakthrough indeed if a digital connection knows to change the 0s and 1s in a digital data stream such that it improves sound quality. ...).
Just as soon as I get my AI cables on the market:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

If Gene had conducted some double-blind testing of these Kimber Kables cables, compared with BJC cables and some other no-name cables, I might be able to accept the review as credible. As Gene himself has stated, the world of speaker cable is full of snake oil. And, members of Audioholics forums, as a group, tend to be a sceptical lot. So, if he wants to convince many of us (well, me at least) that Kimber Kables are worth one red cent more than BJC, the testing will have to be more scientic. Sure, he conducted a pile of measurements on the cables, but he didn't or couldn't tell me that any differences were audible. I'm all about bang-for-the-buck and if there is no audible improvement in SQ, than the cables aren't worth a penny more. If I had Bill Gates' money and could afford the best of the best, I still wouldn't buy anything that did not perform better than a cheaper version.

Maybe his review was aimed at the "bragging rights" crowd - people who like to go to extremes to impress others. So, if he can tell these people that they can safely waste, er, I mean spend more money without degrading their SQ, then no harm done! Personally, I could care less how a cable looks - I'd rather not see them at all!

I think now you are making a value judgement that is a personal decision after some facts are known about a product. But, that should be a personal issue, not a reason for not doing a review of anything, no? Maybe that was a reason to review in the first place so people can have choices if they want more than ugly zip cords.:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

.... You do not trust measurements. ...;)
I surely hope he trusts some measurements though: the carpenters who built his home, the car builders and engineers, and all designers out there, or most of them:D So, it may be a selective trust that he has.:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I certainly see your point and if I came on a bit too strong in making my own point, apologize for any offence taken.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
OMG. Leave it to a speaker wire review to go eight pages in a day. Sheesh. I thought Gene's reveiw was fine. He made sure we all knew he wasn't making subjectivist comments. Kimber Kable may make some goofy cable claims on it's website......meh. What ever. They are making a solid product. And Gene's views on the terminations were worth listening about..........and the noobs that showed up to tell there were places to buy those terminations more cheaply had me interested. I use Canare Quadstar 4s11 with spade terminations and am looking for something better to terminate with. Thanks Gene for this solid report. You rock.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

...and if I came on a bit too strong in making my own point, apologize for any offence taken.
No, nothing of the sort happened to these brains anyhow;):D
We are discussing things here, no fire, no one banned, having some fun; that is good to do:D:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

OMG. Leave it to a speaker wire review to go eight pages in a day. ....
That's what happens with the least significant part of a system, 8 pages, or more. Acoustic treatment gets a nod here and there;):D

J

jamie2112

Banned
No, nothing of the sort happened to these brains anyhow;):D
We are discussing things here, no fire, no one banned, having some fun; that is good to do:D:D
WHATTTT????No fire ,no banning ,no cursing and fighting......thats no fun....:D
Of course I am just joking..............or :eek:

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
Oh, cool - how did you determine it wasn't the placebo effect?
Since you don’t know me, how did you determine it was? Just because it’s true for some, therefore it must be true for all?

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
I didn't. Nor did I claim I did.

You did make a claim. I want to how you determined it wasn't a placebo.
Post # 32 middle paragraph. I swapped out a receiver, and immediately noticed a marked difference.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis