PBS Palin qualified for VP Poll

jinjuku

jinjuku

Good news: PBS has a poll asking if Palin is qualified to be VP.

Sad news: 50% of Americans are still stupid.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Qualifications to be an American VP:

be a natural born U.S. citizen
not be younger than 35
have lived in the U.S. for at least 14 years

If she doesn't meet any of these, then she isn't qualified.:)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

not be younger than 35

And, if anyone meets those law requirements, then they are eligible to run, nothing more. How well can they perform or do the job is a different story, no?

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
And, if anyone meets those law requirements, then they are eligible to run, nothing more. How well can they perform or do the job is a different story, no?

I would think, the fact that any of the candidates are where they are, speaks on their qualifications for the office they seek. We as voters have the right to vote for the party we feel more qualified for the task :)

Peace,
Tommy

itschris

itschris

Good news: PBS has a poll asking if Palin is qualified to be VP.

Sad news: 50% of Americans are still stupid.
Pretty bold to catagorically insult 50% of the nation. It could also be that your might very well be part of the other 50% that actually is. You just never know. I've always found that those who go around claiming in quite the matter of fact manner that others are "stupid" or "just don't get it" are typically part of the group that's the least qualified to render judgement. I could be wrong... but it's just my own observation based on experience.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I would think, the fact that any of the candidates are where they are, speaks on their qualifications for the office they seek. We as voters have the right to vote for the party we feel more qualified for the task :)

Peace,
Tommy
Is that why even Karl Rove said she was a political pick not based on qualifications?;)
But, yes, we can vote for whomever:D

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Is that why even Karl Rove said she was a political pick not based on qualifications?;)
But, yes, we can vote for whomever:D

Rove has a good track record with whom he backs right? Im pretty sure he backed Nixon too. :p

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
This is right out of wikipedia

On January 19, 2005, Rove said George W. Bush was "one of the most intellectually gifted presidents we've had."[114]

So mtrycrafts do you put much value on what Mr Rove says?

LOL!!

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
That is a NOW pole and isn't really a great sample to judge how America as a whole feels about her.

We can vote for whomever we want, but Sarah Palin scares me...

Her foreign policy experience is that she can "see russia from her state" (She has travelled less than myself and many my the classmates), she doesn't believe in climate change, her idea of solving the energy crisis is drilling in Alaska (Which, I'd be for, if it actually would solve the problem), She is a creationist (and I support religion, but seperate from state) and that it be in public schools, doesn't even believe that condoms are okay between married couples, no abortion in a rape case.. she wants to take polar bears off the endangered species list (I guess so she can drill and hunt them with high powered rifles?), her Wikipedia entry had to be cleaned up 15 minutes before the annoucement. I can go on, but this is a complete joke.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
That is a NOW pole and isn't really a great sample to judge how America as a whole feels about her.

We can vote for whomever we want, but Sarah Palin scares me...

Her foreign policy experience is that she can "see russia from her state" (She has travelled less than myself and many my the classmates), she doesn't believe in climate change, her idea of solving the energy crisis is drilling in Alaska (Which, I'd be for, if it actually would solve the problem), She is a creationist (and I support religion, but seperate from state) and that it be in public schools, doesn't even believe that condoms are okay between married couples, no abortion in a rape case.. she wants to take polar bears off the endangered species list (I guess so she can drill and hunt them with high powered rifles?), her Wikipedia entry had to be cleaned up 15 minutes before the annoucement. I can go on, but this is a complete joke.

Although i dont totally agree with you on all of the things you said in your post, most of them are very good concerns. I feel the same way, not only about her, but all of the candidates Dem and Rep. This is the worst trip to the polls i will have ever made.

Peace,
Tommy

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Many of the misleading things said about Palin are beginning to be clarified. As examples, neither as mayor nor governor has she ever tried to get creationism taught in schools, nor has she ever tried to have libraries ban books. Of course, starting little rumors like that that make her seem extreme doesn't give a political advantage to anybody, does it??? Hmmm, I wonder...

Besides, it's been quite a while since Obama's army of lawyers descended upon upon Alaska to dig up dirt on her, yet they seem awfully silent. Could that be because she is a competent, ethical, experienced executive after all?

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
no abortion in a rape case

Tell us where you stand on abortion....

Im prolife, but in a rape case i think the pill is ok. I dont believe abortion should be used as a means of birth control. Ill expand on that a little.

Example: A woman gets pregnant during a one night stand. i think she should take responsibility for her lack of better judgement and have the child and if she doesnt want to keep it, put the cild up for adoption. There are lots of Good couples who want children who cannot have them biologically.

Peace,
Tommy

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

This is right out of wikipedia

On January 19, 2005, Rove said George W. Bush was "one of the most intellectually gifted presidents we've had."[114]

So mtrycrafts do you put much value on what Mr Rove says?

LOL!!
Put it this way. He was a very powerful person in his cabinet for all those years. I cannot help it if he thinks that. What else could he say about him, the opposite?
And, I think he still is in a position to know why Palin was picked instead of whom McCain really wanted, one of his close friends, Lieberman or another like minded soul? No, he picked someone way out in right field.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Put it this way. He was a very powerful person in his cabinet for all those years. I cannot help it if he thinks that. What else could he say about him, the opposite?
And, I think he still is in a position to know why Palin was picked instead of whom McCain really wanted, one of his close friends, Lieberman or another like minded soul? No, he picked someone way out in right field.
I wouldnt expect him to say different about GWB....or anyone else he supports. I read the page on him in Wikipedia.....he has had a questionable political past. I dont take anything he says with any value. I could list the things im referring to but anyone who wants to see them can go to Wikipedia and read them.

mtrycrafts, please dont mistake my comments as a defense for Palin. Im not defending her or bashing her. I dont know enough about her to offer up much of an opinion on her at this time. I will study up more on her and the other candidates before i cast my ballot.

Im mearly pointing out the Rove probably isnt a source i would consider when offering up opinions or advice when it comes to Palin.

Peace,
Tommy

jinjuku

jinjuku

not be younger than 35

Qualifications for a human being:

Body temp of 98.5
Brain wave activity
A heart beat

It makes you a human being for sure, but it doesn't mean your a good one.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Pretty bold to catagorically insult 50% of the nation. It could also be that your might very well be part of the other 50% that actually is. You just never know. I've always found that those who go around claiming in quite the matter of fact manner that others are "stupid" or "just don't get it" are typically part of the group that's the least qualified to render judgement. I could be wrong... but it's just my own observation based on experience.
Your welcome to your opinion... same as I am.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Qualifications for a human being:

Body temp of 98.5
Brain wave activity
A heart beat

It makes you a human being for sure, but it doesn't mean your a good one.
I think that there might be some sort of DNA sequence requirements, but I could be way off on that. :D

You make a valid point...one that was made earlier. Croseiv pointed out the minimum entry requirements, not the attributes that would make someone a "good" VP.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Tell us where you stand on abortion....

Im prolife, but in a rape case i think the pill is ok. I dont believe abortion should be used as a means of birth control. Ill expand on that a little.

Example: A woman gets pregnant during a one night stand. i think she should take responsibility for her lack of better judgement and have the child and if she doesnt want to keep it, put the cild up for adoption. There are lots of Good couples who want children who cannot have them biologically.

Peace,
Tommy
This is a perfectly understandable position and I respect it; however, I do want to point out that it's a direct contradiction of GOP principles. The GOP touts it believes in the wisdom of the American people and that each state is to govern itself. Yet, they wish to tell people what to do and would love to introduce legislation that overrules states' standing rules on the matter of abortion. It doesn't add up with the GOP party of today.

The way I see it, we should not be telling women what to do in the case of abortion. If one believes in God, let he/she do the judging of these people.

Last edited:
unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
This is a perfectly understandable position and I respect it; however, I do want to point out that it's a direct contradiction of GOP principles. The GOP touts it believes in the wisdom of the American people and that each state is to govern itself. Yet, they wish to tell people what to do and would love to introduce legislation that overrules states' standing rules on the matter of abortion. It doesn't add up with the GOP party of today.

The way I see it, we should not be telling women what to do in the case of abortion. If one believes in God, let he/she do the judging of these people.
There comes a point when we have to do whats good for everyone. Letting a woman abort a child by means of partial birth abortion isnt good for anyone involved. Im glad you respect my position.

Its not about who believes in God or who doesnt. Abortion takes human life. Simple as that. We as Humans have to look out for those who cant look out for themselves. Babies that are unborn are Humans too.

Before i make this statement let me be clear on one thing.....not all prochoice advocates are this way, but the majority are. Prochoice activists will stand up for thier right to kill unborn babies today, and tommorow they want to hang someone who abused an animal from the highest tree. This mentality doesnt make sense to me. Kill babies, but protect an animal?

I have a link to a website that has information on abortion and the methodes used to perform abortions. Im not gonna post the link due to the fact they have VERY graphic pictures of partial birth aborted babies posted there. I dont think there is a person who could look at those pictures and still think abortion is ok.

If anyone wants the link shoot me a PM ill send you the Link.

Peace,
Tommy

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis