Building Home Theater - Open Entrance to Theater or Door?

M

MidnightWatcher

Audiophyte
Greetings! I'll begin construction of a modest home theater soon in my basement and will be limited to a 22' x 11' x 7'6" room. There is a door on the main floor to get to the basement. I have one 12" subwoofer currently and was wondering in terms of acoustics if it's best to have the theater room entrance itself "sealed" with its own door to achieve the best bass or would leaving the entrance open make little difference?

R

Rama ravula

Audiophyte
I have a question ! If I need to have an operable window in my HT room what is the best place to have window , and least effect the Acoustics?

I am building a 6m x4m room, a door on eastern wall , screen will be on Northern wall , planning a window on western wall -

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Greetings! I'll begin construction of a modest home theater soon in my basement and will be limited to a 22' x 11' x 7'6" room. There is a door on the main floor to get to the basement. I have one 12" subwoofer currently and was wondering in terms of acoustics if it's best to have the theater room entrance itself "sealed" with its own door to achieve the best bass or would leaving the entrance open make little difference?
Definitely sealed. Use a door.

Craig Gordon

Craig Gordon

Junior Audioholic
Agreed. Sealed room is always better if you can swing it. (See what I did there?).
Go for the door.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis