What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't know something like that was available. So I assume the cable card is something you get (buy?) and allows your device to access the account you already subscribe to. Or is getting the card the thing that establishes a working account with them?

My TV service here is Charter cable. I can't get competitive "wired" services because it's all contolled by contracts with local government and considered to be a "public utility." That kills me because I know Verizon has a fiberoptic backbone running down our Main St that's only 106 feet from me. I can get any sat TV service of course but my "geography" doesn't lend itself to that.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I didn't know something like that was available. So I assume the cable card is something you get (buy?) and allows your device to access the account you already subscribe to. Or is getting the card the thing that establishes a working account with them?
The cable card is something you get from your provider and allows the channels you are subscribed to. In your cable box (if you have an HD cable box) there's a cable card. This is just receiving the card without the box. For me and with Verizon fios, it is cheaper to rent the card than a whole other box. The up front cost of the cable card reader is about $112, but there's no rental fee and with fios the rental fee for box and card is like $11/mo. If you have cable for more than a year or two, you start saving money. For me, it was the cheaper way to get fios in the basement.

My TV service here is Charter cable. I can't get competitive "wired" services because it's all contolled by contracts with local government and considered to be a "public utility." That kills me because I know Verizon has a fiberoptic backbone running down our Main St that's only 106 feet from me. I can get any sat TV service of course but my "geography" doesn't lend itself to that.
You still have to have the service, but I Think this works with some sat companies. You'd have to check on the company website and see. If you set it up right, and have the correct software, I think it will also allow your TV to be a DVR as well. If I was going to go DVR I'd probably go with the Ceton and its 6 tuners.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Phone still works fine and is 1080p :) $200 deductible to replace :(
Check Youtube for a video of replacing the glass on your phone. If it get complicated call a couple of local phone repair shops before you go with the $200 deductible option.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Check Youtube for a video of replacing the glass on your phone. If it get complicated call a couple of local phone repair shops before you go with the $200 deductible option.
I used to replace the glass on iphone's all the time for people when they were glass front and back. Those were super easy. It sure is nice if you can figure out how to do it yourself.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Already checked around. The curved Gorilla Glass 3 isn't available and other repairers said the current Samsungs are a bit more difficult to replace than previous gens even for the flat ones.

Edit - quote was $130 just for the glass....

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
If you haven't seen it yet, you should try to watch their Austin City Limits performance. It was pretty good.

I had never even heard of them, but stopped on the ACL performance while flipping channels one day and ended up watching the entire show.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
If you haven't seen it yet, you should try to watch their Austin City Limits performance. It was pretty good.

I had never even heard of them, but stopped on the ACL performance while flipping channels one day and ended up watching the entire show.
Yeah Slip there is an unedited version on youtube. I've been following them since their first album. I consider them the Spanish version of The Carpenters, although they write their own stuff. There is a recent concert there as well from 2015. :) This is their newest CD which came out in Nov. 2015.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Used 2012 Nexus 7 (Andriod lollipop) with 3g/4g.
After BSA turned me on to the Nexus 6 phone, I decided to go all in with Google (plus I played with a 2012 Nexus 7 for a couple of days and was impressed with performance).
I don't know where else I could find such a good tablet with wireless capability for under a hundred.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got my new Verizon multistream cable card, just waiting for the box. It's in Jersey so hopefully will be here by this weekend so I can try to get it set up.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis