Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Every day I wake up and look in the mirror just to be disappointed that I'm still small and Asian. Oh wait, no I don't. Affirmative Action is the sh!t.
I'm small, Caucasian, and a dude. This is not my Golden Age.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just vacuumed my floors a little bit with a new vacuum. It's one that has a battery for cordless operation, but it can be run while plugged in. I fully charged the battery, and it dropped down to minimal charge after about 20 square feet.

Impressive.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I was pretty surprised by the image on the Wikipedia page for the adult version of "cunning linguist."

Granted, it's a cartoon...but, still.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, the place I ordered that Salamander rack from still hasn't shipped it. They're over their quoted processing time so I sent them an e-mail today. Hopefully I'll hear back from them tomorrow. If not, I'll give it until the end of the week and if I still haven't heard anything or it hasn't shipped (which I really hope it has) I'll start the wonderful journey of going through the resolution center of paypal.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have the Denon S900 installed. It won't recognize my Sony blu-ray player or DVR over HDMI. Well, to be precise - it won't play video, but it will play audio. I changed the HDMI cable on the Sony, changed the input on the Denon, did both...no dice. It shows the Sony splash screen, then nothing after that. I'm getting ready to lose my s**t.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I have the Denon S900 installed. It won't recognize my Sony blu-ray player or DVR over HDMI. Well, to be precise - it won't play video, but it will play audio. I changed the HDMI cable on the Sony, changed the input on the Denon, did both...no dice. It shows the Sony splash screen, then nothing after that. I'm getting ready to lose my s**t.
Hard reset time?

Good luck, man. I hope that they ship it soon and you don't have to go about getting your money back.
Me too. Not that I'm the most organized person to begin with, but my "office" is extra messy because I can't get everything in it's final resting position until the rack is here. What's worse is the extra time has me glancing around the room trying to figure out how to put the desk in a position so that I can fit a couple chairs or a loveseat in here. Definitely not good. Wallet is so depressed he tried to commit suicide the other day.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Maybe, but I don't know what that would do that could fix the issue. I just plugged it in today. I even upgraded the firmware, but that didn't help.

I'll probably do that, though.
Me either, but that's my go to last resort. If that doesn't work I start sending e-mails to [insert brand] technical support, while wiggling wires.

I know Marantz has a whole smart setup wizard that it tells you to do even if you know what your'e doing, did you happen to do that with the Denon? That might help if you didn't do that already.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis