I got this in my email today
"""A new firmware was released for your OPPO BDP-93/BDP-95 Blu-ray player on March 6, 2012. Learn more about this new firmware and how to get it.
@ OPPO BDP-93 Blu-ray Disc Player
Loader Version: CN0900
Sub Version: MCU93-09-0218 (BDP-93), MCU95-08-0218 (BDP-95)
The firmware is the system software that controls the features and functions of the player. Since the Blu-ray Disc specifications are still new and evolving, it is quite possible that recently-released Blu-ray discs use certain new features that were not available when the player was designed and sold. To ensure the best viewing experience, it is important to keep the player’s firmware up-to-date. If your OPPO Blu-ray player is connected to the internet, you may upgrade the player directly over the internet."""
"""This version is designed for the OPPO BDP-93 and BDP-95 Blu-ray Disc players. Comparing to the previous Official release version BDP9x-61-1219, the major changes are:
1) Per request from the studios, the ISO file playback function has been removed in this firmware version. The previous firmware had the ability to play ISO files, but it was an undocumented function and was never officially announced or supported. Future firmware revisions will no longer support ISO playback.
2) Resolved the loading failure observed on several recently released titles, samples like "Hugo (BD, 2012)" and "Rio (BD, 2011)". The failure only happens with the 2D version Blu-ray disc, where the TV shows only a black screen and the player's front panel display would remain at 00:00:00. This firmware can properly load and play these titles.
3) Improved video up-conversion quality over the HDMI 1 output for 720p source material. This improvement provides a better picture quality for Netflix streaming as well as 720p-encoded Blu-ray discs.
4) Resolved the loading failure issue observed on several recently-released Blu-ray movies, mainly Universal Europe (EU) releases. Their US releases have no known issues. Sample titles include "Jurassic Park Trilogy (BD Box Set, 2011)", "Kong Fu Panda 2 (BD, 2011)", "Fast Five (BD, 2011)", and "National Lampoon's Animal House (BD, 1978 version)" etc. With the previous firmware, disc playback will automatically stop once you go to the Main Menu and select PLAY. This firmware properly loads and plays all of the above Blu-ray titles.
5) Resolved the audio channel loss issue where DTS-HD MA 6.1 audio is decoded as 5.1 for both the analog audio outputs and the HDMI LPCM output. Sample titles include "Star Wars: The Complete Saga (BD, 2011)" and "The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (BD, 2011)". The reason is the Center Surround (CS) channel is folded into Surround channels (SR/SL) instead of Surround Back channels (SBR/SBL). This firmware decodes this 6.1 audio as 7.1 by distributing the CS channel to the SBR/SBL channels, and send out through HDMI and analog audio outputs.
6) Resolved the freezing issue observed when accessing some BD-Live features. Samples include the "Extras" in "Puss in Boots (BD, 2011)", the "Disney Virtual Vault" in "The Lion King (BD, 2011)".
7) Provided smaller volume control adjustment steps through the Analog audio outputs. Previously the Volume Control adjusts at 5 per step in the index and 2 dB per step in the level. This firmware allows volume control at 1 per step in the index (100, 99, 98, 97, ...), 0.5 dB per step in the level for BDP-95, 1 dB per two consecutive steps in the level for BDP-93 (e.g.,indexes 100 and 99 share the same volume level).
8)Improved general disc compatibility based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples including "Mr. Poppers Penguins (BD, 2012)", "Dragons Gift of the Night Fury (BD, 2012)", "Human Planet (BD, BBC Documentary)" and "Nine Inch Nails, Live - Beside You In Time (BD)"."""
#1 Vincent Sp-331mkII amp, ATI 2002, Quicksilver's Mid Mono amplifier(2), Wyred for Sound STP-SE, (pre-amp), Rogue 99 Pre-amp, Jolida JD-9A, Micro Seiki bl-91, Kef 104.2, Usher be718, Rega Apollo, Sony xA5400ES, #2 Win7, Synology DS413 NAS w/Seagate 4 -2TB HHD, JRiver17, EE DAC Plus, Mytek DSD DAC, Genelec 8030A,Kef140
: #3 HT; Denon 4311Ci,GE Triton 2's, Sat50C, Sat3's, Rythmik D15se, OPPO-95,