Zune Mp3 or others on Pioneer Elite?

M

myke

Junior Audioholic
I have a pioneer elite VSX-21TXH. Ive used a friends IPOD on it before which recognizes it right away. When i plug the microsoft zune into it via USB it does nothing.

Have any of you used this setup? or any other USB MP3 combo?

Thank you!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
MP3 interfaces are not standardized and, unfortunately, Apple's Ipod interface is the industry darling, rendering everyone else's a red-headed stepchild. It won't recognize anything except an Ipod.

Your best bet is using a stand-alone A/V dock into an aux input on your receiver. Some come with a remote control and a component video output so they can compliment your system. I was able to easily find one on Amazon for my 80 gig Zune.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Also worth noting that the Zune is discontinued from MS. So, not only won't it see it, you aren't going to get this feature on future product.

As said, look for the docks which are good for your Zune. They aren't going to be getting better and you won't see more coming to market. Now's the time to act!

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
MS isn't going to make Zune any longer?
I have a first gen 30G Zune. Love it. It integrates perfectly with my Sync in my Ford F350. Was debating on getting another Zune, like a 80 or 120G. Not to hijack, but was is the best player to get? Is there a Flac player available?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis