Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Cant believe how good the sound track is in this movie. I watched The last Witch Hunter last night and was a little disappointed in the movie and soundtrack but tonight i am watching Zootopia and cant believe the soundtrack and even the video is great. DTS HDMA 7.1 in all its glory, so i think i am getting hooked on animated films as some off the last few films i have seen have soundtracks that are disappointing to say the least.I thought the centre channel dialogue in The Last Witch Hunter was appalling compared to Zootopia. Here i was thinking there was something wrong with my centre channel. I can recommend Zootopia not just to rent but as a keeper. I am really happy with the sound i am getting out off my system at the moment. The Audyssey dynamic volume eq has helped me out in the centre channel department lately by boosting it too.Really happy with it all at the moment.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched it last night. I agree the audio was phenomenal and excellent video. Story was a bit standard fare but the presentation of it and the characters was excellent. Overall I'd say it was one of the best efforts from Disney in a while IMO. IMO, definitely worth a buy. The references to other movies/shows was very funny.

JOHN FICKEL

JOHN FICKEL

Senior Audioholic
Do you guys have any favorite horror movies? I thought "The Conjuring " sounded great.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Do you guys have any favorite horror movies? I thought "The Conjuring " sounded great.
Go buy Darkness Falls on Blu-ray and The Haunting DTS (1999) (the first DTS-ES film) on DVD. Two of the best horror movies for audio period.

Conjuring 2 had excellent audio as well. I'll be buying the BD when it comes out.

JOHN FICKEL

JOHN FICKEL

Senior Audioholic
Yea, I absolutely love the Conjuring 2.. OK thanks for the recommendations.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I did like the sound track in "Van Helsing". On my system it sounded great and i do agree with j_Garcia the Haunting is one off the best horror movies for a deep subwoofer sound. One of the best i have heard and i only watched it in 5.1 and it was awesome.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Go buy Darkness Falls on Blu-ray and The Haunting DTS (1999) (the first DTS-ES film) on DVD. Two of the best horror movies for audio period.

Conjuring 2 had excellent audio as well. I'll be buying the BD when it comes out.
Darkness falls, yep i will make a note off that and look into it.Thanks. The Haunting, well what can i say just an awesome movie and the sub channel is one of the best. Really deep.I have the velodyne dd15+ and it shakes the whole room.

JOHN FICKEL

JOHN FICKEL

Senior Audioholic
Darkness falls, yep i will make a note off that and look into it.Thanks. The Haunting, well what can i say just an awesome movie and the sub channel is one of the best. Really deep.I have the velodyne dd15+ and it shakes the whole room.
Lol. I will definitely check out both movies. Thanks!

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
If anyone knows where i can get a copy of the Haunting in dts-es 6.1 discrete please let me know as they only released it here in Australia with the 5.1 soundtrack.6.1 would be great as i have a region free player.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
6.1 is extremely hard to find now. I had gotten lucky and picked it up used at a shop but it was unfortunately among my stolen items. I did have the DVD ripped as well, but I can't find it now.

JOHN FICKEL

JOHN FICKEL

Senior Audioholic
Thank you for posting the picture. I looked on Amazon and there's a lot of different titles, " the haunting "

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
None of the Amazon ones appear to be correct, but it is hard to tell. There is a standard DTS and then there is the DTS-ES version, which states DTS-ES on the front and back covers (top bar). On the back it will display 6.1 not 5.1.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
6.1 is extremely hard to find now. I had gotten lucky and picked it up used at a shop but it was unfortunately among my stolen items. I did have the DVD ripped as well, but I can't find it now.
Jeez JG sorry to hear about your stolen gear.That would be my worst nightmare. What a bunch of grubs.As for the movie I will keep searching.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis