Zone 2 Independent Video

M

macuserforlife

Audiophyte
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for reading my first post. I'm in that absolutely wonderful position of buying a new amp and I need some advice please. I'm looking for something that can output video (and the accompanying audio obviously) to a second zone. I like the idea of the third zone audio availability offered on some amps too but it's not absolutely necessary. Basically I'll be using it about 90% to power my home theater but I'd also like to access my media server, vcr, dvd and digital cable in another room (for when the wife just can't stomach another hockey game:).

I've read very good things here about the yamaha 2500 and I've also seen the denon avr2805/3805 which are both quite appealing also.

My question is quite simple. I've got square eyes after reading so much on this site in the last hour or so and I'd like to know if I'm on the right track. Are the amps I've mentioned the right kind of thing for distributed video like I mentioned or is there something else I should look for. And, very importantly, anyone with other brands and models I should consider please feel free to bombard me with model numbers and reasons. I'm quite prepared to read everything on the net regarding a particular product recommended by people in the know but I also like to be aware of all my options.

Thanks a bunch, in advance, for any advice and opinions.

regards,

Bruce

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis