ZON Whole House Audio System questions

Seminole Nation

Seminole Nation

Audiophyte
Purchased a home with ZON ZAS-430 system installed. It APPEARS as though everything is wired and working...BUT HOW WOULD I KNOW?

The Installation and Operation Manual that comes with the system seems fine for describing what everything is (all the jacks, etc.) but it never really tells you where or how to connect your audio sources. There is a ZIM-4 Input Module installed in every room in the house, with jacks that appear to be places input devices can be connected...but I've not been able to figure it out. FOr example, I have an old iPhone, and I stream Amazon Unlimited there and to various Bluetooth and other external speaker devices but I have not been able to master this puzzle.

Anyone here who understands the practical side of these systems? I don't need technical...that's all that seems to be provided with the manual.

I need:

"Step 1 - Plug in your input device (cell phone, computer, whatever using the appropriate jack.) to any ZIM-4 Input Module.
Step 2 - Go to ZAC-30e Audio Controller / Amplifier installed in the room in which you would like to hear the music.
Step 3.........and so forth.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL. I prefer to read manuals but not into whole home systems so I'm not much help. Maybe @BMXTRIX can assist.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Zon stopped manufacturing their systems several years ago. We installed one system into a doctor's office because he insisted that he wanted it. I honestly don't remember how to set it up or use it.

Try these two phone numbers: (205) 982-8200 and (205) 982-8216

Go Noles!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Do you have the ZAC-60 unit in each room with speakers? That seems to be your source selection piece and the key to getting everything to work. You should have options on the ZAC-60 to select a source.

You do want to make sure you really do have all the parts and pieces so beyond the ZIM-4, please give a full list of what you actually have and where everything is.
For example:
Bedroom 1: ZAC-60 & ZIM 4 & Speakers
Bedroom 2: ZAC-60 & ZIM 4 & Speakers
Basement: ZR-98

Check that lights come on on all the products which should have lights, especially the ZR-98

The ZAC-60, as the controller, is fully described in that manual which you think is overly technical. The reality is that it covers a lot, including the ZAC-60 with details of how to select a source.

But, which sources were programmed is up in the air and unknown to us, so you have to use it and see what sources you can select from the ZAC-60.

Follow the instructions on page 8 of the manual as it tells you how to select a source. This should allow you access to any ZIM 4 or a source plugged in directly to the ZR-98, but those sources will be dependent on programming of the ZR-98 and the ZAC-60 units.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis