skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Tension abounds. Even though we all know how this story comes out, it's just tense from beginning to end. The story of the crew that tracked down and the seals that killed Bin Laden is a real edge of the seat gripper. From what I have read, the movie seems to be fairly accurate, given that it is a movie. Jessica Chastain does an excellent job of portraying the unnamed (Maya?) CIA operative who spends years obsessively monitoring chatter, witnessing torture and being in dangerous situations until OBL's location is discovered. A stalwart group of Seals finish the job, storming Bin Laden's fortress/home.

There seems to be a lot of controversy about whether the movie endorses torture (notably waterboarding) and there were several people picketing the theater when we arrived. My guess is that those people have not seen the movie since it mainly portrays torture as having been done (like we don't know that) but also reveals that the break that finally located OBL was obtained by other means. The movie crew did an excellent job of duplicating the look we have seen in the news and giving the whole thing a you-are-there look. Some scenes are not for the faint of heart, be prepared for the realistically portrayed extreme violence that you'd expect from a Seal raid.

This is an excellent movie if you're in the mood for a ripped-from-the-headlines thriller; don't miss it.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
I can't be the only one who prefers waiting for a movie to come out on blu and to just buy it, can I? I've read reviews of this movie and it looks awesome :D I've got a notification on amazon to let me know when it's available for pre order. Same thing with Django Unchained. If I know I'm gonna love it I'd rather just wait the 4 months and save $15 over going to the theaters :p this movie looks amazing tho :D

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think you really miss something by not seeing them in the theater. While I enjoy movies on my HT system, the beer and food are cheaper and I can fart whenever I want, there's still something different about doing it in the theater that makes the price an easy sell to me. The big screen, the audience reaction, getting out of the house instead of retreating into it, seeing the flick right after it is released, all change the experience for me. It helps to find theaters that work too...big screens, good sound, low tolerance for bad behavior by patrons, an "art house" for when you're not in the mood for the big mall cineplex, etc. Some of my all time favorite movie experiences were for big, cult movies like LOTR where half of the people in the theater came in costume, with plastic swords, etc and the energy level and anticipation was off the scale. I'd get tickets a week in advance to be there for those kind of opening nights. You just don't get that in the Man Cave.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
I stopped going to theaters once my HT was setup, I find it much more enjoyable at home watching it on bluray. Better picture, better sound, always get the best seat in the house :), eat whatever food I desire and most importantly, no distractions. The last part is really key as it allows you to really "get into" the movie. There is a new "high end" theater in town about double the price of the regular good places and I might give that a try just for the novelty of it but I doubt it'll draw me out more than once.

Looking forward to see ZDT when it comes out.

Steve

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I want to see it but have the flu. I wanted Seal Team Six last night on Apple TV... it was absolutely terrible. Zero Dark Thirty looks good.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis