D

depechefan

Audioholic
Hi,

Does anyone have experience with Zappiti or Zidoo media players? I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting one to replace my Nvidia Shield Pro (2019). Rumor has it that they will support Dolby Vision this year and that is a big deal for me.

Thanks in advance

D

depechefan

Audioholic
It does, I was just wondering if Zappiti was a step up quality wise.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
It does, I was just wondering if Zappiti was a step up quality wise.
The Zappiti is mostly used for a media server. It is an entire eco-system of a product. You put some hard drives in the bays, and you use their proprietary software to watch or listen to stuff on your hard drives. Totally different from Nvidia Shield.

D

depechefan

Audioholic
The reviews I have read pretty clearly says that it is a great media player. For local media which is what I am interested in

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
The reviews I have read pretty clearly says that it is a great media player. For local media which is what I am interested in
Correct, a great media player for stuff used on the server/hard drives. Which Zappiti player were you looking at?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Zidoo sent me their unit for review a few years ago. Here are some of my thoughts. May be helpful to you:

Let's just say that Zidoo is long collecting dust and my main unit for watching videos is SheildTV Pro.

Shield support Dolby Vision btw:

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis