M

miggs29

Audioholic
Do you guys have any suggestions on ypao? To ypao or not? If, so? Should I do flat, natural, or front considering my current speakers?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Do you guys have any suggestions on ypao? To ypao or not? If, so? Should I do flat, natural, or front considering my current speakers?
I own an RX-V1800 driving a PSB Image suite of speakers. What I did was save the three YPAO settings to memory and toggled between the memory settings to see if I could hear a difference between the three. I heard big difference between "front" and "flat & natural" . Since your speakers are from the same line, I would recommed omitting that selection. I heard very litte difference if any between "flat & natural". You may experience difference results. :)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
IIRC*, "Fronts" target curve with Audyssey might actually mean that the mains are left untouched and uncalibrated, with the rest of the speakers being calibrated.

So if my memory serves me correctly, I would then guess that Yamaha's "Front" could be a similar thing, and that would be a pretty good reason why it sounds the most different.

You guys will have to confirm.

J

Jacksmyname

Audioholic
IIRC*, "Fronts" target curve with Audyssey might actually mean that the mains are left untouched and uncalibrated, with the rest of the speakers being calibrated.

So if my memory serves me correctly, I would then guess that Yamaha's "Front" could be a similar thing, and that would be a pretty good reason why it sounds the most different.

You guys will have to confirm.
I have two Yamahas, RX-V2700 and RX-V3800.
You're correct.
The "front" routine leaves the mains untouched, and sets the rest to match the fronts.
I also ran all three, front, natural and flat, and saved each one to a memory slot.
Toggling amongst the three, on my system, and in my room, natural sounded best.
And of course, from there we can tweak what YPAO did, and then save that to a memory slot. This way, the original YPAO results can be reloaded if need be.

M

miggs29

Audioholic
I have two Yamahas, RX-V2700 and RX-V3800.
You're correct.
The "front" routine leaves the mains untouched, and sets the rest to match the fronts.
I also ran all three, front, natural and flat, and saved each one to a memory slot.
Toggling amongst the three, on my system, and in my room, natural sounded best.
And of course, from there we can tweak what YPAO did, and then save that to a memory slot. This way, the original YPAO results can be reloaded if need be.
Thank you for your info. I think natural sounded best. The flat mode was a bit harsh. I am going to try to save it to memmory. I ran YPAO and then adjusted the speaker levels with my SPL meter. I think it sounds fairly good!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis