C

Cruzin

Audiophyte
Just hooked up my new RXV3900 to my existing speakers (TDL R3, YST SW-320 subwoofer and AR rears) and ran the YPAO. Unfortunately, this seems to turn off the subwoofer. Has anybody experienced this with Yamaha receivers? How do I restore the subwoofer other than resetting the unit?
Cheers,

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Set your speaker size to small, im presuming that the YAPO set them to large.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Bandphan is likely correct on this one. YAPO and most auto cal systems will set your speakers to LG and set the crossover too high. Reset to small and change the crossover to something reasonable and see what you have.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Both members are correct.

Set all speakers to SMALL in manual set-up.

Set x-over to desired point in manual set-up.

Set LFE(bass-out) to SWFR in manual set-up.

Run YPAO again.

Select SKIP in auto set-up for SIZE.

C

Cruzin

Audiophyte
Set your speaker size to small, im presuming that the YAPO set them to large.
Thanks Guys,
I've since spoken to the Help Line at Yamaha Music in Melbourne AUS and they are extremely patient and helpful. Would expect their service in US and Europe would be as good.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks Guys,
I've since spoken to the Help Line at Yamaha Music in Melbourne AUS and they are extremely patient and helpful. Would expect their service in US and Europe would be as good.
wutdidayavtusa

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
Cruzin,
how did you resolve this issue...i have the same problem
I ran YAPO and couldn’t get much bass out of the subwoofer either. My subwoofer is on the front wall, so I raised the crossover to the highest setting and turned up the subwoofer manually to the point where I got the bass I wanted. I haven’t had time to test SPLs and frequency response, but I like the sound so I probably won’t for a while. If the frequency response isn’t quite right, I have a BFD parametric equalizer to fine tune it later on.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis