G

garrison

Enthusiast
:confused: hey what you guys think of these receivers--yamaha HRT5890 499.99, denonAVR8865 549.99 and the onkyo TXNR 801686.66 ? thought to hook one up to these set of speaker wharfedale dia. 9.6 -front, 9cm center, and a pair of evolution for surround 1450.00 for the spk. for the sub looking at a SVS pci 20-39 or 25-31 for around 600.00 anyone thought on this is very much welcome as i am starting to feel my way though the maze of audio to redo my home theater as well to listen to music room size is 15' by 38' by 7' ceiling

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Of those receivers, I'd probably go with the Onkyo or Denon. That Yammie is supposed to be good, but I don't think it is at the same level as the 801 or 3805. I beileve the Yammie 2500 can be had for ~$500 also, so you might look into that. I'm not familiar with the Wharfedales; I've only heard the Evolution bookshelf model and I thought they were pretty good. Either of those subs would be a great choice, except that room is might be needing a more potent sub, like a 25-31 Plus.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis