Your first...it only happens once, and its just that special

F

FSUguy

Junior Audioholic
So I'm not to sure what forum to post this on, but this seemed to be the closest estimate of mine (feel free to move it if you see fit)

So I just got my Yammy 1800 in today. I'm waiting on my Klipsch RF-82s, RC-52, RS-42s, and RW-12D to be delivered, along with my Denon 1930Cl upconvert DVD player.

My question to everyone is, if you had to pick any 1 movie to be your first media heard on your new AV system, something that would leave a lasting impression in your head for the rest of your life (and really showcase the system), what would that single DVD be and why?

Thanks

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Master and Commander -- Far Side of the World.
Want to know if your sub has what it takes?
Pop in "The Incredibles" and wait for Mr. Incredible to throw the spherical rail car at the sentries guarding the gate.
If the impact scares you, you have a completely adequate sub.
:D

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Those are both fantastic ideas, Lord of the Rings movies are always a great time....heck you can spend all day watching the whole Trilogy!

M

Methost

Full Audioholic
Apollo 13 is the film that I saw being played in a sound booth in a local electronics store when I discovered what a home theater can do. I bought my first AV system that day ... along with that film. It's not one of the best for surround, but the launch scenes are ... out of this world.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
Low Bass Movies & music

The first movie I saw that impressed me after I got a new subwoofer was the original Underworld.

Here is a listing of movies and music with low bass if that is what you are looking for:

www.svsound.com/questions-faqs.cfm#moviedemos

The list is getting a little outdated though.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Your favorite big loud popcorn flick should do the trick nicely....

LFE effects are generally more impressive in newer movies.....(as opposed to older) Stick to a relatively current title,and you can't go wrong.

Since you asked..... How about Transformers?

D

Darins10

Enthusiast
Best HT movie

Saving Private Ryan
Ronin (driving scene)
Incredibles

J

jared555

Junior Audioholic
Lord of the Rings (any of them).... those were the first movies that got my dad to come into my room telling me to turn it down purely because of the sub (he was smiling/almost laughing while he did it though cause of the amount of bass.... he just couldn't hear the tv two rooms away)

The beginning of the first movie and the end of the last one both can max out my PB10-ISD quite easily.

R

Rob K

Audiophyte
Agreed on the Lord of the Rings Movies. The intro to the Fellowship of the Ring will really show you what your sound system can do. The bass when Sauron is defeated will just about knock your socks clean off.

If you have a new big screen TV, I really like the opening of the Two Towers. You start off flying through the mountains, then go inside and drop down a deep chasm. Great stuff.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis