your favorite speaker sub $10,000

T

trEs2b

Junior Audioholic
Can be used or new. Just want some opinions on what you would buy with that amount of money

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
RBH SX-T3NR

RBH SV-831/1212NR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I'd shoot for a discounted demo model of KEF Reference 3 pair.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I might think about two JBL LSR6332s and eight Hsu ULS-15 mk2s, that system would cost about 10k. That would get you an extremely flat response and strong bass down to the single digit frequencies.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Going completely against the grain here. This is based off my experience, not someone I've seen recommended or touted as a great value product.

Thiel CS3.7 is the best sounding speaker I've ever had the pleasure of hearing. At this point you wouldn't be able to buy a new pair since they went out of product shortly after Jim Thiel's passing.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Two favorite speakers for less than $10,000 per pair.

Philharmonic 3 (for a lot less than 10k)

Salk Soundscape 8 for 9k, more with custom finishes

They don't look similar, but they share the same designer, and sound like siblings.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I will second the Philharmonic 3's!

Think somebody here wrote a review of them, too....

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Genelec 1038B is best sounding speaker I have heard on this price range. KEF Reference series sounds really nice as well.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
It appears there's confusion in the terminology used in the thread title. Because the word "sub" is used so frequently here in discussing subwoofers, it's confusing when someone uses the word in place of "costing less than".

To be clear, which is it that you are referring to, trEs2b?

T

trEs2b

Junior Audioholic
I enjoyed the 804D3 but that is the most expensive speaker i heard (except for the 803D3) which sounded GREAT!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Where are you located? Are you actually, actively shopping or just seeking opinions because (like me) you plan to win the lottery?

Over on "the other site" there is a thread in the speakers section that's "will demo speakers" and people have listed their systems and general locations. If near any of them you might be able to hear some nice speakers. Mine wouldn't be in that strata but are available for a listen to (almost) anyone interested. Some vetting required.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Cool. So you might head over to AVS forum and look for that thread in the speakers section. Depending upon where you are (I still don't know), there may be good shops near you that you're not aware of or other people with good systems in place willing to have you come over to sit down and listen.

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
I would look towards Tannoy DC10T

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Given the total number of speakers available in the price range (and not just the ones up at the $10k limit), I'd be listening to everything I could. Maybe PSB T3, KEF Reference One, Klipsch Palladium, Salk Soundscape 8, B&W 8043D3, PMC twotwo.8, so many more out there.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis