You ever hear of a HT with no speakers?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
My brother just came back from New Hampshire, he sells and installs high end gyms, he took 4 of his employees up to New Hampshire Friday Morning and finished up at 5pm tonight... He said it was one of the largest resi gyms he ever did and that is impressive because I seen one he did that had a full size MMA ring/cage!!! But anyway, he stayed in their guest house and got to watch a movie in their theater, he said it had a huge screen seating for 16 and NO SPEAKERS, he couldn't wait to tell me about it since I only care about the speakers... Each seat had a transducers in them and headphones, too weird for me but he said they were really nice headphones {comfortable and clean around $900 a pair) and the bass felt so real it was insane... So 16 pairs of $900 headphones he could have gotten an insane HT audio setup, but they didn't want it shaking the house and they wanted to be able to use it while people were sleeping..

He is going back there Tuesday to bring and install some cables so I may take a ride with him...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
My brother just came back from New Hampshire, he sells and installs high end gyms, he took 4 of his employees up to New Hampshire Friday Morning and finished up at 5pm tonight... He said it was one of the largest resi gyms he ever did and that is impressive because I seen one he did that had a full size MMA ring/cage!!! But anyway, he stayed in their guest house and got to watch a movie in their theater, he said it had a huge screen seating for 16 and NO SPEAKERS, he couldn't wait to tell me about it since I only care about the speakers... Each seat had a transducers in them and headphones, too weird for me but he said they were really nice headphones {comfortable and clean around $900 a pair) and the bass felt so real it was insane... So 16 pairs of $900 headphones he could have gotten an insane HT audio setup, but they didn't want it shaking the house and they wanted to be able to use it while people were sleeping..

He is going back there Tuesday to bring and install some cables so I may take a ride with him...
Awkward!

You ever been to a "silent disco"? They do it at GABF where they have a DJ and everyone that wants to listen in has to wear wireless headphones. It's kind of odd but kind of fun.

I just don't get it! Sure, make headphones an option, but I wouldn't make it the ONLY option.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
After I spoke with my brother a little more about it, there was a complete sound system also, a system I never heard of from magnepan MMC's? he said the system wasn't working so he couldn't hear them due to a faulty panel...

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
"You ever hear of a HT w/ no speakers?"

Sure. My wife thinks ours works fine w/o the speakers, (as sometimes she doesn't even turn on the AVR/Amp).
Even better, she thinks it doesn't need a display, as evidenced by the frequency with which she stands in front of the TV... especially at the end of the half or quarter of some sporting event. :confused:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis