Yoga Accessories + kitchen appl = GREAT SUB RISER

B

btbluesky

Audiophyte
I have this great idea in mind, would like to share with you guys before I attempt it. There could be room for improvement.

I recently been looking for a good subwoofer isolation platform/pad/riser, that can lift the sub up at the same time lessen the vibration to the woodfloor.

During my woodfloor hunting, I learned that cork is a very effective sound absorbing/proofing material in it default form.

And of course I've been reading people DIYing their equip platform with cutting board (some are very expensive maple one).

So I went hunting...and viola, I come up with this design. There is something call "cork yoga block" that ppl use as Yoga accessories believe it or not, its basically a 9"x4"x6" brick of cork (amazon...), and very reasonably priced. Get 4 of them

Then get the thick wood cutting/chopping board you can find within budget that fit the sub dimension (from 1.5 - 3 inchs....some even have darken walnut color and stuff...never knew before). 15" sub dimension might be abit too pricey, so you can always go down to homedepot/lowes and get a decent board/MDF.

Use some wood cement and stick them together, I'd thinking to use the 9" vertically at each corner, so it would get at least 9" clearance:

It should be sturdy, no hard carpentry skills needed...take 10 mins, cost < $100, have sound absorbing ability.

If other people know a better DIY for this type of riser, or improvement....please comments.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis