Yet another new sub: Eosone RSP-912

Shintsu

Shintsu

Banned
This time I picked up a clean Eosone RSP-912 for $180. Don't have a ton of specs on it, but I do know Eosone was essentially Polk. This subwoofer ALSO hums at higher levels. This leads me to a question on subwoofers in general - do they ALL hum if you turn the level up? I have it around 8 or so with the crossover around 65-70 hz or so. What I am doing right now to eliminate the hum is turn the level down to about 6-7 and turning up the subwoofer via my preamplifier (Set at 4). I think the Energy was probably the same way - if you turn the level way up it hums. The guy is willing to let me take it back to him if I'm not satisfied with it however I feel obligated to let him keep a little of the price ($10 or $20) for letting me try it out. This same guy had the full Eosone setup, including two tower speakers, a center channel and two "rears" - they had poly tweeters on the left and right side angled outward and what appeared to be a 6" driver in the middle. They seemed setup for use in a THX setup as 7.1 speakers.

He was selling all of it, sub included for $400 claiming he spent $2k on it all new. I don't have much need for anything but a sub but he'll let me buy the speakers if I like. Didn't know much about them though or if they have any real value resale wise.

Anyways this subwoofer seems very decent in bass. Most important - no pop on power off! Not even a little bit! I knew this was not normal. I think I'll record a video of what the Energy does to give a better idea. It's a manual push in switch whereas this Eosone is a vertical toggle switch of either on or off. Hell, it seems worth it to me just to get rid of that lousy *** popping which scared the hell out of me. Can anyone provide more specs on this sub? Here are pics from a similar sub I found online:

D

doco148

Audiophyte
rsp-912

I just found your thread saying you had the above subwoofer.
I have just purchased two of these plate amps and the matching woofers. I am going to build two cabinets for them and was wondering if you could measure the dimensions of the cabinet.
One of the main dimensions I need is the diameter of the port and if possible how long the port tube is.
This would be invaluble information to me if you could supply it.
Many Thanks
Colin

Shintsu

Shintsu

Banned
I just found your thread saying you had the above subwoofer.
I have just purchased two of these plate amps and the matching woofers. I am going to build two cabinets for them and was wondering if you could measure the dimensions of the cabinet.
One of the main dimensions I need is the diameter of the port and if possible how long the port tube is.
This would be invaluble information to me if you could supply it.
Many Thanks
Colin
The outer diamater of the port is 4.5" and the inner diamater is 3.5". The port itself is 8" deep. The external cabinet from base to base is 17.5" x 18 & 3/5" x 16" (W x H x D). Don't hold me to the height, but that is as close as I can judge. Hope that helps you!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis