Yet another 12v trigger question

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
I have recently bi amped my system and now am using 3 external 2 channel amps. I would like to have them turned on with the 12v trigger on the back of my AV. Is it possible to switch all 3 amps with the single 12v terminal I have? If so what would be the reccomended wiring. Series or parallel?

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Do the amps themselves have a 12V trigger out connection? Connecting them in series would seem to be the answer if they do.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
They only have input, not input output that would have made it easy. :)

P

perato

Audioholic Intern
I have one 12-volt trigger output to two speakers for monopole/dipole switching. If you are able to split the cable and separate the + and - and connect them appropriately, it might work. I have one two conductor cable (+ and -) split into two 2-conductor cables (each connected to + and -). One of the 2-conductor cables goes to one speaker. The other two conductor cable goes to the other speaker.

Votrax

Votrax

Audioholic
howie85 said:
I have recently bi amped my system and now am using 3 external 2 channel amps. I would like to have them turned on with the 12v trigger on the back of my AV. Is it possible to switch all 3 amps with the single 12v terminal I have? If so what would be the reccomended wiring. Series or parallel?
Which receiver and amps are you using?

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Votrax, Im using an Onkyo txnr900 and 3 m282 Onkyo amps. Used to live in Austin nice place.

Votrax

Votrax

Audioholic
Your receiver can supply 100ma of current at 12V which is enough to trigger your three amps. Amps generally draw less than 10ma of current on the trigger input. You'll want to parallel the trigger connection to each amp. Austin is a very cool place to live.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Votrax said:
Your receiver can supply 100ma of current at 12V which is enough to trigger your three amps. Amps generally draw less than 10ma of current on the trigger input. You'll want to parallel the trigger connection to each amp. Austin is a very cool place to live.
Thanks for the input.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis