knightwhosaysni

Audiophyte
I know how unoriginal....

Parameters-
Room- 17'D x 22'W x 9'H
Towers- Bi-amped Energy CF70s
Receiver- Onkyo 609

Use- Muzak and HT

Yes well aware of the price difference but I see Klipsch Synergy Sub-10 (Newegg $183 shipped) and HSU STF-2 ($375 shipped) both on their own separate sales.

Anyone have experience with both by chance? or even the Klipshch? Recommendations?

I just checked a pair of Klipsch Synergy Sub-10s would be $365.96 shipped.....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
For dollars spent, I'd say there's no question I'd go with the STF-2 between those two. If you would rather save the difference between them, the Klipsch or two of them will likely still get the job done. Yes, two subs gives you more output, but that output is still has the same sound quality of a lesser sub.

S

speedy

Audioholic Intern
i see the HSU STF-2 has a port and the Reaction Audio — BPS 212 Powered Subwoofer is sealed....wouldnt this one be better....less chance of port noise??

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There are always tradeoffs. In this case I don't think port noise will be an issue unless abusing that sub, but yes that's a possibility. Read the sealed vs ported thread, as there are tradeoffs with both styles. Sealed has some definite advantages, but output isn't usually one of them, and at this price point output is going to be a key factor.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis