Yamaha Z9 Remotes are The Business!

O

O'Shag

Junior Audioholic
Some have been rather unkind in their opinion of the Yamaha RX-Z9 remotes. While it is true that the larger remote could not be accused of being the best looking out there, (It could be mistaken for a Klingon's communication device) it does grow more attractive with familiarity. The small GUI based remote has a tidy little figure and is the model of simplicity. Operating parametres can be changed with great ease and speed by following the exceptional on-screen GUI interface, which outshines the Denon interface I have been used to. As opposed to the now standard and rather common gizmos out there that look space age, but tend to frustrate the user with layers and layers of touch screen menus, the Yamaha Z9 remote harks back to the more robust 'push-the-button-and-it'll get-you-there' approach. It is a model of simplicity to use and learn, and robustly built. I know I could drop this on a hard floor, and it would have no effect on its continued operation.

Although the Z9 remotes may take a little getting used to, looks are not everything. After all, Its no use having a beautiful looking model for a girlfriend if she's an awful pain in the neck to live with.

Best,
O'Shag

Austin Powers of Audio

Last edited:
Jaycan

Jaycan

Audioholic
You can't beat direct access buttons for speed. I agree with you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis