Yamaha YPAO adjustment questions??

B

blwn46

Audiophyte
I have only had my rxv 2500 for a week and after setting the YPAO , i noticed it set my center channel to "small" which surprised me since my VR12
boston is very efficient and LARGE?? Does it vary speaker "size" according to efficiency or output range (not using the low end of the speaker)?? My sub is also set to -7db which seems a bit weak to me???

Thanks in advance
T.

B

bongobob

Audioholic
My Yammy set all fronts to large (Monitor 7's and cc370). Like has been said here before, it's recommended to set all to small if you have a sub. This can be done and saved through manual setup. I found the YPAO not so great fro the sub. I actually maxed it out in manual setup, set what I thought would be max on the sub and then use the reciever to regulate the level through the manual setup based on what's being played. Works for me.....

C

Cabshiraz

Enthusiast
Rxv2500

Hi,
I also bought an RXV2500 (last Saturday) and used the YPAO... Results were horrible.... Crossover at 200 Megahertz... My VRC (center channel) set at small (I also have Boston speakers).... also, according to this my sub was at 11 feet from the amp ...... Which means that my sub is located in my parking !!!!!!!!!!

Kinda cold for my sub at this time of the year !!!! So, to make a story short, I read the manual book, programmed the amp manually, and now my VR3 sounds almost perfect !!!!

My advice is... do it yourself... nothing can beat your ears !!!!!

Good luck

Cabshiraz

M

mnnc

Full Audioholic
Cabshiraz said:
Hi,
I also bought an RXV2500 (last Saturday) and used the YPAO... Results were horrible.... Crossover at 200 Megahertz... My VRC (center channel) set at small (I also have Boston speakers).... also, according to this my sub was at 11 feet from the amp ...... Which means that my sub is located in my parking !!!!!!!!!!

Kinda cold for my sub at this time of the year !!!! So, to make a story short, I read the manual book, programmed the amp manually, and now my VR3 sounds almost perfect !!!!

My advice is... do it yourself... nothing can beat your ears !!!!!

Good luck

Cabshiraz
I could not agree more. I too have BA spkr's. 975 mains, 920 center and VRS surrounds and a set of my old faithful HD8's for multichannel music rather than monitoring through VRS's. I initially played around with ypao and was not happy with results for music. Movies sound great with the settings. Mainly eq curves, levels. I set all speakers to small, yes even the massive vr975's w/built in subs, and switch between 60 and 80 hz sub x-over setting via the 2500. I set bass out to sub or sometimes both. Depends on what I am listening to. Fusion jazz or metal I set to both so it is very dynamic and sub only when listening to stuff like pop or...I listen to so much stuff I can't think of anything right now. Very diverse musical interest. I set the eq to flat/reset on all channels and boost or cut freq's here and there to my liking just like an old eq with slide controls.. I then saved that setting and I revert to it whenever I listen to music which is plain old fashion 2 ch listening which I use the straight mode for doing so. I am much happier with results. I'll be using an AVIA disc come christmas but I have to wait until then. Wonder if I could unwrap it, use it, and then wrap it again??? nahhh, better not.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis