Yamaha YAS-105 Sound Bar Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I've been looking for a sound bar with good bass extension and I believe that the YAS-105 is a good candidate. This product is equipped with dual built-in subwoofers and utilizes Yamaha's Advanced Bass Extension Processing Technology, but it's only available in surround mode. There are 5 surround modes: Music, movie, game, TV and sports.
87DE9A89836F4416A552E86069D24FD9_12074.jpg

Like most sound bars these days, the YAS-105 features Bluetooth wireless music streaming which allows you to enjoy your favorite material from almost any Smartphone or Tablet. Just connect your compatible phone, tablet or computer and you are set to go. Its Bluetooth standby mode turns the sound bar on and turns it off automatically for added convenience and energy savings. There is also a home theater controller app for both iOS and Android that lets you perform a variety of operations. An input selection screen allows you to select the source and the sound adjustment screen lets you control the clear voice and bass extension functions. You will also be able to adjust the subwoofer's volume, so you won't have to get out of your chair to do it.
2D39E4D6CB38481594763C1B19CEBEEB_12008.jpg

The included remote looks pretty complete as it incorporates pretty much everything you may need. There is a power button, a source button to allow you select between DVD or Blu-Ray playback, Analog, TV, Stereo and Surround Modes, Bass Extension, Audio Delay, Master Volume, Subwoofer Volume, Mute, Learn, Dimmer, Bluetooth and Bluetooth Standby.
48120_12005_1.jpg

For connectivity, the YAS-105 features what Yamaha calls "Single-Cable Connection". In other words, just plug the included optical cable to your TV and that's it!

And what about surround sound?
The YAS-105 features what Yamaha calls "AIR SURROUND XTREME" which is a Yamaha-exclusive virtual surround technology that reproduces 7.1-channel surround sound. I haven't heard it myself, but I have been told it works pretty well. Here is a diagram explaining how this technology works.
48117_12005_1.png

Another sound processing feature found on the YAS-105 is Clear Voice which, according to Yamaha, makes dialog and narrations easier to hear and understand. What Clear Voice does is raise the level of dialog while keeping adequate overall sound quality - a useful feature for sports viewing, TV shows, and news broadcasts.

As for connections on the rear panel, we can find some basic connections like the mentioned optical input for the TV, BD/DVD, Analog and a Subwoofer output. Those connectors should cover pretty much everyone looking for an easy-to-use sound bar system.
48191_12008_1.jpg

Last, but not least, the YAS-105 also features a learning function that allows you to power on and off the sound bar and control its volume level by using your existing remote control. That means fewer remotes to operate. Not bad, huh?

So, there you have it. If you are one of the many looking for a capable sound bar that's not going to break your pockets, take a look at the YAS-105 from Yamaha. It might be the one you are looking for. C

Check out the following specifications, let me know what you think, and don't forget to share it with your friends.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Power Output: (Front L / R) 30 W + 30 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10 % THD) (Subwoofer) 60 W (3 ohms, 100 Hz, 10 % THD)
Subwoofers: (Dual 3 cones) Front L / R (Dual 2-1/8" cones) Tweeters (Dual 3/4" balanced dome)
Power Consumption: 22 W
Standby Power Consumption: 0.4 W
Dimensions: (W) 35" x (H) 2-1/8" x (D) 5-1/8") Wall mount (35" x 5-1/8" x 2-3/8" - with spacer)
Weight: 8.8 lbs.
Digital Optical: 1 in
Digital Coaxial: 1 in
Analog Audio: 1 in (Stereo mini)
Subwoofer Output: 1 out
Surround Sound Technology: AIR SURROUND XTREME
Bass Extended: Yes
Dolby Digital: Yes
Dolby Pro Logic II: Yes
Wireless Music Streaming: Yes (with Bluetooth)
Bluetooth Version/Profile: Ver. 2.1 + EDR (A2DP, SPP) / SBC, MPEG4 AAC
App Control: Yes
Learning Function: Yes

PRICE: $249.95

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis