B

Blondini

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Anybody has done sonic A-B comparison between Yamaha DVD-S2300 and Denon DVD-2900. Which of the two is better performer in SACD, DVD-A and red book CD playback? In my town (country) I can’t find the dealer with both products in stock to do a comparison by my self!

Thanks for any replay!</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>If you are looking for video performance the Yamaha wins hands down, if audio using the players DAC, the Denon has the edge unless you intend to use the built in DAC of your receiver.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>You can’t use receiver’s digital connection and receiver’s internal DAC for HI-Res software like (SACD, DVD-A) because HI-RES signal from DVD player is down mixed to ‘low resolution’ in digital domain. (except using a proprietary link like Denon’s). I am like most of us without proprietary link condemn to use receiver’s analog 5.1 input and DVD players internal DAC. &nbsp;Anyway Yamahaluver, did you perform &nbsp;blind listening test (AB-ed) &nbsp;or just listen to mentioned DVD’s?</font>

B

Blondini

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Previous post is mine, I just forget to log in.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Blondini,

I have had the chance to extensively demo both as the local Denon/Yamaha dealer is a good froend of mine so I get to take both home and do some serious test with my SONY 53&quot; RPTV. As I said, the Yamaha has better video but ordinairy audio and the Denon has better audio compared to the Yamaha.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis