Yamaha v675 problem

S

Stanmark

Audiophyte
Anybody have any idea when my receiver got unplugged while it was on now says update network.so my son did a update on a flash drive and use the usb to update it.it gets to s5-1 erasing.is this right

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
What do to mean? So you did a firmware update and it stop? won't finish? If you mean during the update, your AVR shows that it's erasing, yeah it will do a lot of erasing than it should say update done turn power off. Than you turn your unit back on.

S

Stanmark

Audiophyte
Yes my son download update on usb drive it shows s5-1 erasing now for almost 1 hour should it take that long

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yes my son download update on usb drive it shows s5-1 erasing now for almost 1 hour should it take that long
no it shouldn't, I would think maybe the update Is corrupt? maybe it wasn't down loaded Properly. I had that happen with a Onkyo AVR. If I remember right I stopped the update which on Yamaha they tell you not to turn the power off. But since your AVR seems to have frozen up on the update I see no other option but to power it off pull the flash drive and clear it and download the update again or do the update by internet connection.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like it's stuck. My policy is to do firmware updates only if its fixing something I need. Might need to start over or even reset the avr. Did you follow the procedures for firmware update in the manual? Did you check the manual's troubleshooting section?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Anybody have any idea when my receiver got unplugged while it was on now says update network.so my son did a update on a flash drive and use the usb to update it.it gets to s5-1 erasing.is this right
This is unfortunate. It could be that the receiver was damaged by being unplugged while on, like computers occasionally can be on occasions.

Will the receiver take a reset? Certainly you should try that and see if the unit will update by hardwire to the Internet. If it won't this is generally not good news. Unfortunately if a firmware update does not go correctly, or gets interrupted, then the BIOS has to be reflashed. This can only be done by an authorized service department. I note the unit must be at least 7 years old, so obtaining service may be problematic. However Yamaha has the best reputation for after sales service.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis