L

ldman

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>
I just purchased a Yamaha RXV-2400 I wondered if I could
use my existing floor speakers with it , They are 3 way 90'S vintage -  Woofer-12&quot;cone, mid range-4&quot;cone,tweeter-3&quot;cone,
and passive radiator -12&quot;cone. The other specs are 270w,40hz-20,000 hz, 89dB/m/w and 8 ohms.
I would appreciate any help,I am not really knowledgeable about systems but thought I would start to build with a good receiver. If these speakers can possibly be used as the front 2 speakers and a purchase of 2 back,center and sub woofer(if needed) will make a decent system please any feedback(good or bad) is greatly welcomed.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>They sound like monsters. I see no reason why not. You may have a timber matching issue, but it wouldn't matter to me. As long as it sounds good!

By the way, what are they?
</font>

L

ldman

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>they are Sony ss-u511av ,I also have some Pioneer CS-N575 floor speakers 150w 3 ways but a different speaker config.Thought I would try them if there was no chance of screwing up my receiver.Thanks</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Being that they only go down to 40hz, I would say for a good movie experience you would need a sub to handle LFE sound effects. At least down to 22hz. At least!

But for good ole 2-channel jamming, looks like they will handle that just fine.</font>

L

ldman

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>any reccomendations on the rest of the system for movies and music? I have a small center and two rears already (jBL)
about 5 years old ,8 ohms single speaker 3&quot;. can I hurt anythin by hooking all this up and trying it out?</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>You could use them. It would not hurt your receiver by any means.

But to get the full benefits that your 2400 has to offer, I would definitely get a whole new speaker system! Or piece by piece! &nbsp;
</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>After you get it all hooked up, be sure and hook-up the mic &amp; run auto set-up.</font>

L

ldman

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>What speaker systems do you guys have setup to the 2400?
I'm looking for a good package ,not just a cheap solution.I was curious if the old towers were worth the effort of putting them into a ne system.Thanks all</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis