Yamaha rxa-2070 have 9.2 setup but playing HDR version blueray of Matrix only shows 5.1

E

ezdraft

Audiophyte
I have the yamaha using 9 speakers and 2 subwoofers but cant seem to see when it is using 9.2 or dolby atmos, can anyone give me some guidance, thanks

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
I have the yamaha using 9 speakers and 2 subwoofers but cant seem to see when it is using 9.2 or dolby atmos, can anyone give me some guidance, thanks
What is your source? Meaning a Blu-ray player? If it is make sure in you settings on your player are set bit stream. Also like ADTG posted up you can hit the info button that'll show you on OSD what mode your in. Unless you have a Atmos source it won't show up, meaning your Blu-ray has to have been Atmos encoded. I could be wrong on that but I have Blu- ray disc that's Atmos encoded it will show up on the front display on my Yamaha.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you have the same blu-ray of The Matrix as I do....it is only in Dolby Digital 5.1. What version do you have?

If it is only 5.1 you can use an upmixer like Dolby Surround to expand to your full set of speakers....

ps 9.2 is not a Dolby Atmos speaker format.....7.2.2 or 5.2.4 might be....

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
If you have the same blu-ray of The Matrix as I do....it is only in Dolby Digital 5.1. What version do you have?

If it is only 5.1 you can use an upmixer like Dolby Surround to expand to your full set of speakers....

ps 9.2 is not a Dolby Atmos speaker format.....7.2.2 or 5.2.4 might be....
Oh snap! Good catch loveinthehd! ;). Both me and Andrew missed that 9.2 thing..lol

E

ezdraft

Audiophyte
What is your source? Meaning a Blu-ray player? If it is make sure in you settings on your player are set bit stream. Also like ADTG posted up you can hit the info button that'll show you on OSD what mode your in. Unless you have a Atmos source it won't show up, meaning your Blu-ray has to have been Atmos encoded. I could be wrong on that but I have Blu- ray disc that's Atmos encoded it will show up on the front display on my Yamaha.
blue ray samsung 4k ultra hd

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I’ve seen the Matrix trilogy in 4K Dolby Atmos.

If your speaker configuration is 7.2.2 (or 5.2.4 like mine), then it will show that configuration on the Yamaha LCD screen.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can't really read the box pic for the soundtrack info...but looking on Amazon for this disc it does appear you have Atmos/Dolby TrueHD soundtrack even on the bluray disc in the multi-disc set (as well as Dolby Digital 5.1 in other than English). Did you go into the disc setup and confirm which soundtrack you had set to play? You made sure you're using the 4k disc instead of the bluray?

Is your player set to bitstream audio as was asked before? What sound mode options have you tried on the avr? What is your speaker setup?

E

ezdraft

Audiophyte
Hi All, its working, it was the bitstream audio, now i can hear the shells hit the ground -- thanks for all the help

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Also, make sure to go into the disk menu and make sure to select the Atmos track as some films default to the regular trueHD or dts tracks. Hate that...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis