Yamaha RX-Z7 Froze Up

N

neelasgto

Enthusiast
I have a RX-Z7 with the latest firmware update 1.10 and I was watching a movie on my blu ray player pause the movie to go get a drink came back hit play the movie started again but no sound moved the volume control on the remote nothing. Got up went to the amp moved the selector switch to radio and the amp stayed frozen on blu ray, turned the main zone power switch off the amp stayed on turn the main power switch off and the amp turned off, the amp shut down. Turned the main power switch back on and all the amp says is main on and nothing else. Turned the main off again unpluged the amp for 2 mins pluged the amp back in returned on the main power switch all it does is say main power on the display and nothing else. Its about alittle over a year old has always been pluged into a monster ht5100 and there was no stroms or anything tonight. Has this happened to anybody else???? This is my 3rd yamaha amp and I've never anytype of prolems before.:(

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Ever since I installed the latest FW (ver 1.10), I had my Z7 freeze up when removing my ipod from the doc. A simple toggle of the master power switch fixed it. You should contact Yamaha tech support as your issue seems a lot more severe.

N

neelasgto

Enthusiast
Ever since I installed the latest FW (ver 1.10), I had my Z7 freeze up when removing my ipod from the doc. A simple toggle of the master power switch fixed it. You should contact Yamaha tech support as your issue seems a lot more severe.
Thanks Yamaha said it needs to be sent into there service center, I hope its not a problem with there latest FW update or more people will have this issue

N

neelasgto

Enthusiast
I talked to the repair center today and they said it was the video board D that went out in the amp and they are awaiting parts from yamaha I hope that fixes the problem

M

martinmac936

Audiophyte
I have a Yamaha Rx-Z7 myself and love it but now when I turn it on it powers up long enough to say firmware update I have tried to reset it and no avail I have a family so I don't have the money to send it to shop I caught a rx v1400 and hoping to get my z7 up and running if anyone knows anything that I can try please help

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis