Yamaha RX-V757 center speaker

H

homer555

Audiophyte
hi everybody
does any one knows how to convince the rx-v757 to play center dialogs corectly from the front speakers?.I do not want to use center speaker,and the only mode working so far is the stereo 7+1. All other settings result a very low to zero sound from center area.Note that Auto setup already finds no center speaker.This hapends to the music too.Any help will be apreciated.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I think you have to turn the center speaker off in the setup menu. This way, the front speakers will phantom a center.

BTW, why no center?

SheepStar

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Sheep said:
I think you have to turn the center speaker off in the setup menu. This way, the front speakers will phantom a center.

BTW, why no center?

SheepStar
My guess would be budget or space Sheep!

H

homer555

Audiophyte
thanks for the reply sheep
That is exactly my problem.The center speaker is turned off and it's sounds too low on everything else but the 7ch.stereo mode.Input is either optical or coaxial,but this also applies to the internal tuner too.
BTW, i am using magnepan magnetostatic in front and no cone speaker can sound compatible with them in center.Also my installation does not permit center speaker in a matter of space in front of wallscreen.I do not think thow that everybody have to use center speaker to make a desent sound.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Speaker specs

The issue is probably not the center channel, its the speakers. Those maggie's are a 4 ohm load and are fairly inefficient (require more power to play loud). You will need an external amplifier to drive them properly. Behringer A500 stereo amp should provide plenty of power for your fronts for <$200.

During movies, most of the soundtrack goes to the front and center channel, but the 7-channel stereo sends the same signal to all channels making it "louder".

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
homer555 said:
thanks for the reply sheep
That is exactly my problem.The center speaker is turned off and it's sounds too low on everything else but the 7ch.stereo mode.Input is either optical or coaxial,but this also applies to the internal tuner too.
BTW, i am using magnepan magnetostatic in front and no cone speaker can sound compatible with them in center.Also my installation does not permit center speaker in a matter of space in front of wallscreen.I do not think thow that everybody have to use center speaker to make a desent sound.
Oh, this is easy then. It won't sound right because maggies have a narrow sweet spot. Cone speakers disperse to the side more and can give you the affect of a center speaker, while the maggies only go straigh forward.

SheepStar

H

homer555

Audiophyte
Well , i doesn't seems that simple guys.
I've already made my homework before posting here.That is my maggies are tested with my home made 2x450 w.rms (ribon tweeter burned that day...280$) Unfortunately the phantom just refuses to play correcly.As for the 7 ch.stereo , if the amp send the same info to all channels then i wound't probably hear the effects of the soundtrack , but i can hear them ,and the center area is o.k.The thing is that no other dsp mode plays center.Next is autoset with partially obscured microphone !!.Have you ever try to play with phantom mode in your system,i mean if you have cone speakers.Thank you all

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis