Yamaha RX-V2600: independent setup for each input?

W

Wasted Youth

Audiophyte
I received my new V2600 last night, and I have a couple of problems. I have all my video routed through the receiver and upscaled to 720p. When I switch back and forth from 4:3 to 16:9 content, such as Dish to DVD, the picture is messed up and requires adjustment every time. I know this is because the TV sees everything from the receiver as 720p and doesn’t adjust its aspect ratio accordingly. The V2600 has a fix for this. In the HDMI video setup, there is an option to either send the video as “Through” or “16:9 Normal.” According to the manual, choosing 16:9 Normal for 4:3 content sends it through with the correct aspect ratio rather than stretched. And it does work. The only problem is that a 16:9 source, such as the DVD player, needs the “Through” option or else the picture will be squeezed.

All of this would be fine if each input could be set up independently. I would have the DVD input with the “Through” option and the Dish input with the “16:9 Normal” option. The only problem is I can’t get them to set up independently. This setting, along with most everything else, seems to be global only. I have read on several sites that claim that the V2600 has independent input setup, but I can’t get it to work. So now I have to go in and manually switch the aspect ratio option every time I switch inputs. That’s annoying.

Can anyone who owns or has used a V2600 confirm or deny that the inputs can be set up independently? If so, I would really appreciate any assistance in getting it to work. The EQ and tone settings really need to be set up independently as well, especially for my CD player, as I prefer more bass in my music content than I do with movies. Again, thanks for any help you can provide.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis