Yamaha RX-V2500 Zone 2 Problem

L

longboarder

Audiophyte
What the heck. I'm really frustrated trying to get audio from the internal zone two of a new Yamaha rx-v2500. I've done all the steps outlined in the manual. Either there is some function that needs to be enabled or volume level that is turned of or ?. What do you think I'm doing wrong?

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
are you maybe trying to use a digital input on Zone 2 ? Yamaha (and really most manufacturers) will only carry an analog input signal over Zone 2.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
longboarder said:
What the heck. I'm really frustrated trying to get audio from the internal zone two of a new Yamaha rx-v2500. I've done all the steps outlined in the manual. Either there is some function that needs to be enabled or volume level that is turned of or ?. What do you think I'm doing wrong?

It could be several things...most zone 2 systems do not convert digital signals, they only transmit analog, so if you have a digital input, say from a CD or DVD player, you will also need to hook up an analog pair so zone 2 can use it. Also most have independent volume, so make sure the remote is set to zone 2.

Hope that helps

K

keviha

Audiophyte
I ran into a problem enabling zone 2 on my RXV2500. It ended up being operator error in my case. I was able to turn on zone 2, but wasn't getting any sound. Come to find out, when I powered up zone 2, I wasn't hitting "zone 2/CD" (or any other source for that matter). You'll know you hav it right when the LCD shows ZONE2/CD. At that point, you should be able to control the volume for zone 2 independent from the main source. This may or may not be happening to you, but I thought I'd pass along.

Good luck. Kevin

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's usually the digital problem. You may need to run analog cables along with your digital so the signal can be distributed to your other zones. Or maybe try a shorter board? ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis